Our client, a major oil and gas owner/operator requires a Completions Engineer
* Assist in the development of technical designs and programs:
* Assist in the development of horizontal well completion designs focusing on sand control technologies, well bore hydraulics, tubular/connections, instrumentation requirements, artificial lift designs and selection, and wellhead designs.
* Identify and recommend new technology and opportunities.
* Prepare well completions and intervention programs and cost estimates. Participate in the CWOP (Complete Well on Paper) review and develop risk analysis to mitigate risk.
* Develop technical specifications for procurement packages for completion materials and services. Review quotations, bid packages and provide recommendations for awarding work.
* Work with multi-disciplinary teams (G&G, hydrogeology, reservoir, drilling, facilities, operations and regulatory personnel) to support project development plans and execution.
* Consult with field operations staff and management with regards to the proposed completion design and provide guidance and technical expertise to support well intervention work.
* Monitor and manage budget, timelines, compliance and scope:
* Monitor the execution of field projects to ensure compliance to company standards, Alberta OH&S, ERCB and Alberta Environment regulations.
* Manage scope changes including documentation and approval as required, and discuss with the appropriate team members.
* Coordinate daily morning completions meetings associated to assigned projects.
* Review cost and operational data and develop end-of-well reports as required.
* Review and manage quality and accuracy of Wellview completion data and reports.
* Review, assist and report on all completions activity:
* Ensure all completions materials equipment and services are planned ahead and organized in advance of undertaking field work.
* Review daily activity with Well Superintendent and for the coordination of daily morning completions meetings with team members.
* Make periodic field trips to review well activities with onsite operations staff and services. Occasional "out of town" travel may also be required to meet with vendors and suppliers and attend technical presentations.
Qualifications / Experience:
* Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
* APEGGA Professional Chemical, Mechanical, or Petroleum Engineer, Engineering Degree.
* 5 plus years of experience and familiar with thermal recovery facilities and operations. Candidates with SAGD experience is a plus.
* Well developed written/oral communication and interpretation skills with the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team.
* Dedicated to managing Health, Safety and Environment.
* Well versed in and adaptable to learning computer applications.
* Ability to develop / administer various technical and cost reports.
* Drilling Engineering experience would be considered an asset.
Req. N. 00017498
Petroplan is a global organisation which delivers recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support throughout the oil and energy industry.
Our outstanding reputation for placing high-calibre technical personnel within permanent and contract positions is based on Petroplan's tailored service offering which provides optimal results.
We have regional offices within Europe, the Middle East, USA, Canada, Asia-Pacific and India from which all our key competencies are delivered. In collaboration with our strategic partners, Petroplan currently supports clients and personnel throughout forty countries.
Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies operating globally together with niche organizations focusing on a specialist discipline or location