Our client who is an Oil and Gas Operator based in Calgary are currently looking for a Senior Contracts specialist / Manager based in Calgary.
* Responsible for managing the commercial contracting process, strategies and components in support of major projects
* Participating in the formulation, development, implementation, and revision of contracting policies and procedures, and developing and implementing Major Project Sector strategies and Sector Management Processes
* Analyzing tenders and negotiating with tenderer(s) to resolve all contractual terms and conditions and pricing issues during the tender evaluation period.
* Obtaining functional review of all contract documents (e.g. Legal, Audit, Control, etc.).
* Supporting post-award management of contractors, including performance reviews, claims resolution and contract-close-out activity.
* Analyzing and collating Contractor Performance data to support the contractor selection process.
The Ideal candidates should have:
* Degree in business or technical/science discipline; Certification within Professional Supply Chain organization (i.e. CPP/C.P.M. or equivalent) would be considered an asset.
* 20 years direct experience in Supply Chain Management of major project.
* Expert Contracting Skills.
* Strong experience in Major Projects/Construction Services Contracting.
* Strong analytical, negotiation and communication skills; including writing, awarding, and administering professionally complex contracts.
* Computer literate in MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
* International experience or exposure to a multi-cultural business environment.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada
Ref No: HQ00017959
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.