Our Client an oil and gas company in Calgary requires an ENGINEERING SUPERVISOR-Retrofit/Rental
The purpose of the Engineering Supervisor includes, but is not limited to Supervise Project Managers, Project Coordinators and Project Engineers.
* Act as a technical mentor to the Project Manager, Project Coordinators/ Engineering staff as a senior engineer
* Review Drawings to ensure adherence to sold scope of supply and for meeting the applicable design codes and regulations
* Act as technical resource to the Product Support group for technical warranty claims.
* Chair a weekly meeting with the Project Management/Project Engineering staff. The main objectives of these meetings are to discuss resource loadings, technical updates, standards updates, project issues, etc.
* Act as a technical resource for custom engineering applications.
* Train the engineering group in relevant design codes and engineering practices, i.e. PSV sizing, line sizing, ASME codes, vessel sizing, etc.
* Develop a Training Plan for new Project Managers, Project Coordinators and Engineers.
* Work with the Engineering Manager to plan resource allocation and loading within the Project Coordinator/Project Engineering Group including vacation planning and holidays.
* Coordinate the technical review of customer specifications within the engineering department for the sales & applications department as required.
* Only Candidates with a valid Work Permit to work in Canada will be considered for this position.
* P.Eng. in Alberta (and/or BC) with 5-10 years of experience.
* Previous experience in Project Management or Project Engineering in compressor packaging is preferred.
* Technical knowledge of various industry codes and practices, i.e. API 618, ASME Section VIII, ASME B31.3, API 11P, etc.
Job Ref. HQ00017431
Petroplan is a global organisation which delivers recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support throughout the oil and energy industry.
Our outstanding reputation for placing high-calibre technical personnel within permanent and contract positions is based on Petroplan's tailored service offering which provides optimal results.
We have regional offices within Europe, the Middle East, USA, Canada, Asia-Pacific and India from which all our key competencies are delivered. In collaboration with our strategic partners, Petroplan currently supports clients and personnel throughout forty countries.
Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies operating globally together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location