Our client, a major Oil and Gas Owner Operator is looking hire a Facilities Engineer. The candidate will be responsible for:
* Review of the Operator's operating standards, procedures and practices and ensuring compliance to all local, provincial and national regulations in the operating area.
* Review of design documentation (Basis of design, design philosophies, equipment specification sheets, PFDs, PIDs, plot plans and equipment layouts) for the existing facilities and new facilities that are being planned.
* Develop and implement a comprehensive facilities performance measurement system
* Work with the Operator to identify potential optimization and efficiency improvement projects and perform evaluations to determine their economic viability.
* Develop and manage a detailed technical risk profile of the facilities and work with the Operator to identify and implement risk mitigation measures. This to include a specific focus on process safety aspects.
* Represent and protect interests in all interactions with JV partners and external parties (such as contractors, consultants and engineering companies)
The ideal candidate will have the following:
* Bachelor degree in relevant engineering discipline is required as a minimum (ideally Chemical Engineering)
* At least 10 years experience in various Oil & Gas facilities engineering and operations support roles
* APPEGA registration status will be advantageous
* Demonstrated commitment to conduct all work within a framework of stringent safety, environmental and regulatory practices and compliance.
* Familiarity with North American unconventional gas developments
* Sound knowledge of stage-gate project management process is required
* Proven track record in engineering, construction and commissioning phases from conceptual through to FEED, EPC, start-up and handover stages (must)
* Experience in steady-state simulations and process design will be advantageous
* Knowledge and experience of engineering codes and standards relevant to the E&P industry
* Current and up-to-date desktop software capability using MS Office, MS Project and other collaborative applications
* Working knowledge of process engineering software is required, e.g. HYSYS, Pipesim, OLGA, Flare-net, Que$tor or other cost estimating software (must)
* Experience in working within partnership/JV operations would be advantageous
*Legally authorised to work in Canada on a regular full-time basis without restrictions
Reference No: HQ00017649
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.