Our client a leading Oil and Gas Operator based in Calgary are currently looking for a Contracts / Procurements specialist based in Fort Mc Murray on a contract basis.
The successful candidate will be reporting to Director of Procurement and working closely with the Director of Projects. The Contracts Specialist will provide support to major projects within my client, this includes providing value added professional contracts service by leading and managing the commercial aspects of the Project contract development process.
* Responsible for managing the commercial contracting process and components in support of major projects
* Participating in the formulation, development, implementation, and revision of contracting policies and procedures, and developing and implementing Major Project Sector strategies and Sector Management Processes.
* Working with the Project Manager and Project Management Team (PMT) on the overall project contracting strategy.
* Understanding contractor marketplace opportunities and threats and managing them within the context of the business needs.
* Compiling sector specific source lists.
* Coordinating tender pre-qualification and selection process and participating in contractor pre-qualification reviews.
* Working with the PMT to develop the Invitation to Tender (ITT) package as well as coordinating communication with tenderer(s) during the tender period.
* Analyzing tenders and negotiating with tenderer(s) to resolve all contractual terms and conditions and pricing issues during the tender evaluation period.
* Preparing final contract documents - including frame agreements, reimbursable and lump sum type arrangements;
* Develop and execute administrative routines that align with the project's procedures, goals and objectives:
* Monitor the approval process and verify compliance with invoicing and payment process.
* Coordinate the Change Control process, including: Amendments, Change Orders and other changes.
* Review the contractor's proposed Subcontractor Plan and Procedures.
* Coordinate the resolution of Contractor claims and the issue of any notice of suspension, cancellation, and / or termination in line with contract terms. * The role will be 5 days on 2 days off, accommodation and flights provided from Calgary or Edmonton.
The ideal candidate should have:
* Degree in business or technical/science discipline; Certification within Professional Supply Chain organization (i.e. CPP/C.P.M. or equivalent) would be considered an asset.
* 10 years direct experience in Supply Chain Management of major project.
* Intermediate to Expert Contracting Skills.
* Experience in Major Projects/Construction Services Contracting.
* Strong analytical, negotiation and communication skills; including writing, awarding, and administering professionally complex contracts.
* International experience or exposure to a multi-cultural business environment.
* Demonstrated ability to develop, prepare, negotiate and execute a contract strategy.
* Ability to prepare complex contract documents and to finalise terms/resolve claims through negotiation.
* Demonstrated continuous efforts to improve project performances, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work co-operatively.
* Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada