Our client a major oil and gas owner/operator requires a Senior Geophysicist to provide high quality, geologically based, seismic interpretation to support the appraisal, field development and reservoir management of the Company's tight/shale gas resource assets, as assigned by the Manager Subsurface.
The ideal candidate will have:
* BSc. in geology (preferred) or geophysics; MSc. Geophysics and APEGA
* Current capability in using MS Office software and collaborative applications for business.
* Perform analyses, interpretation and creative problem solving at all levels of complexity.
* Software understanding of Petrel geoscience core modules and AccuMap expertise.
* A minimum of 12 years upstream industry experience; recent 3 years in tight / shale gas reservoirs.
* Mapping tight / shale gas plays, assisting their maturation through drillable prospects.
* Strong structural geology understanding of compressional, extensional and shear stress regimes, and resultant deformation of host rocks. Integration of geophysical and geomechanical information into the analysis of structural geology and associated natural fracture development.
* Advanced interpretation of 2D and 3D seismic data, with focus on structural interpretation.
* Integration of seismic data (surface, VSP and microseismic) into the geologic component of static models, preferably using Petrel.
* Input to field development and reservoir management planning in multidisciplinary teams.
* Integrated reservoir characterization of tight / shale gas resources, using all available data.
* Basic open and cased hole log applications and interpretation (unconventional & conventional).
* Geophysical well logging - VSP, mechanical rock properties, density, acoustic; generation of synthetic well logs, microseismic applications.
* Unconventional reservoir HC volumetric evaluations - deterministic and probabilistic methods.
* Familiarity with 3D onshore seismic program planning, operations, and processing variables.
* Experience in partnership/JV operations in non-operated exploration and development projects
* Provide high quality, integrated geophysical interpretation, adopting newest technical learnings.
* Carry out geoscience studies and provide input into acreage evaluation, shale and tight gas prospect evaluation, well proposals, reservoir development studies and field development plans.
* Support safe, optimal and cost effective data acquisition in seismic and drilling programs, fulfilling exploration and development objectives, and nurturing effective subsurface team work.
* Assimilate geoscience data and integrate with other discipline data to improve horizontal well targeting via reservoir quality prediction, completion, production and applicable practices for intensive development phases involving the planning and implementation of thousands of wells.
* Operate in a matrix organisation; report to Manager Subsurface / Technical with functional link to Manager Production Geoscience subsurface
Reference No: HQ00016408
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.