Our client, a major Oil and Gas owner operator is looking to hire a QA coordinator on a long term contract basis.
The QA Coordinator will be responsible to ensure all necessary levels of inspection have been completed and verified to the purchase order, engineering specifications and the relevant federal, provincial and local regulations are being observed. Responsible for the necessary inspection of all purchased bulk materials, equipment and vendor supplied equipment packages, site construction assemblies and installation of equipment, piping and vendor modules.
This role is based in Calgary with some travel to suppliers/vendors on an as-needed basis.
* Determine and establish quality objectives related to the project
* Prepare and implement the quality plan and the subsequent QA/QC procedures
* Review of PO contract(s) with suppliers/vendors to identify any special quality requirements and advise appropriate departments
* Conduct external audits of suppliers/vendors and follow-up with proper documentation and corrective action reports
* Attend Kick-Off Meetings and conduct Pre-Fabrication Meetings with suppliers to ensure PO/contract and specifications are met.
* Review/approve all supplier/vendor quality documents (weld procedures, Inspection & Test Plans (ITP's), Non-Destructive Exam (NDE) procedures, Hydro-Test procedures, Paint procedures, storage procedures, etc.
* Interface with appropriate departments on problem resolution, NCR's, TDN's and changes
* Planning work and guidance of QA/QC coordinators/inspectors
* Prepare Inspection Assignments for inspection agency/inspectors in field
* Review/approve all test reports/inspection reports
* Review/approve all Manufacturers Record Books (MRB's) from suppliers/vendors
* Implementation of a product quality assurance methodology
* Continual improvement of product quality
* Recording, filing and archiving of all Quality documents/records
* Responsible for budget control of inspection services related to the project
* If necessary, obtain quality accreditation according to government and local regulations.
* Stimulate quality awareness and implications company wide
* Assisting/advising management in respect to quality related matters
* Previous experience leading multi-disciplinary teams will be essential to the success of this role and the project.
* This successful leader will bring with them the ability to problem solve, take initiative and facilitate the QA process with various stakeholders.
* This role will expect the incoming candidate to have strong communication through various mediums in order to interact with a diverse group of people.
* Must possess at least 8-10 years of relevant experience in the fabrication / inspection of industrial equipment (mechanical, electrical/instrumentation), as well as pressure vessels/piping.
* Must have an engineering or technology degree or recognized trade certificate(s).
* The candidate must have good knowledge in metallurgy, related materials, mechanical, structural steel, welding, corrosion, electrical & instrumentation, boilers & pressure vessel, piping and pipeline design.
* Have strong knowledge of the industry related jurisdictional and Code requirements.
* Have strong knowledge of and support the Environmental, Health, and Safety Management System (EHSMS).
Petroplan is a global organization which specializes in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialized support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organizations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa andAustralasiasupport projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.