Our client, a major Oil and Gas owner operator is currently looking for a Senior Completion Engineer for their operation in the Calgary office.
* Review of completions designs, completions procedures, well bore schematics and completions cost estimates.
* Participating in multidiscipline teams with the Operator and third party contractors to ensure proper completion techniques are performed in the field.
* Participating in and/or conducting post completion stimulation and production analysis with a view to optimising long term effectiveness.
* Within this framework, driving down completions costs to ensure the achievement of the company's anticipated economic return from its investment.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Legally authorised to work in Canada on a regular full-time basis without restrictions
* Bachelor's degree in relevant engineering discipline or related equivalent qualification.
* Demonstrated commitment to conduct all work within a framework of stringent safety, environmental and regulatory practices and compliance.
* Minimum of 10 years completions related experience with thorough knowledge of hydraulic fracturing, wireline, coiled tubing, and perforating operations
* Familiarity with unconventional completions and fracturing operations, particularly on long reach, multi-stage horizontal wells
* Strong fundamental technical understanding around planning and execution of various different hydraulic fracturing techniques.
* Business acumen with a solid understanding of costs and economic decision making.
* Prior experience in a start-up operation in a fast paced and growth-focused organization would be an advantage.
* Ability and prior experience of presenting and discussing plans, options, risks, cost estimates and cost reports with senior management.
* Demonstrated prior experience in planning and engineering of completion projects including technical research, procurement of services, cost estimating, programming and AFE preparation.
* Familiarity with the regulatory agencies and a working knowledge of the regulations applicable to the Oil and Gas Industry in Western Canada
* Excellent communication and networking skills at various organisational levels and with external parties.
* Ability to work effectively and independently in a team context and in a challenging, fast paced non-operated environment
* Demonstrated ability to effectively examine events, conduct thorough analysis and propose innovative solutions.
* Staying current on developments in the industry to ensure the use of latest technologies and industry best practices.
Ref No: 17925
Petroplan is a global organization which specializes in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialized support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organizations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.