Our client, a major Oil and Gas Owner Operator is looking for a Senior Planner with strong experience in construction for their operations based in Calgary on a contract basis.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
* Plan and supervise the effort to establish milestones for total project or major portions of the project.
* Review project work activities to ensure support of project milestones.
* Development and maintenance of project schedules in P6.
* Gathering and interpreting project data from both internal and external sources.
* Provide planning, scheduling guidance and support to the project execution team by suggesting the most appropriate timing to execute works minimizing the impact on the environment and in the most safe period or season, including support to the Risk Analysis.
* Responsible for the development and total integration of the schedule activities and individual schedules provided by third parties.
* Identify schedule considerations and problems resulting from interdiscipline or group restraints and interfaces.
* Review the performing organization's and unit's work logistics and determine adequacy of schedules in support of overall project schedule.
* Lead the monitoring, reviewing, and analysis of the schedule and status of our Contractors during all phases of the project, including the analysis of any schedule deviations and corrective actions. Forecast and trend completion target dates to ensure contractor plans are realistic and achievable. Report serious deviations accordingly.
* Assure all Schedules developed by the owner and contractors follow the Project standard coding systems as work breakdown structure (WBS), Activity Coding System, and Activity ID numbering System.
* Create and implement progress measurements and/or validate contractors' perceived progress including KPI's.
* Maintain schedule forecast throughout the project life cycle by verifying schedules are properly updated and linked to the master schedules (for schedules prepared by outside parties Plans, organize, and supervise schedule resource loading and leveling).
* Work closely with the Cost Controller to align project baseline schedules with baseline budget for all direct and indirect accounts and activities, identify trends and schedule impacts.
* Monitor and report critical path and schedule performance of the total project. Supervise project schedule analysis and study problem areas to determine criticality of schedule.
* Review and analyze comparisons of scope, quantities, and cost data between the projects.
* Provide the Project Control Lead with timely, informed, and up-to-date project schedule information including trends and forecasts as well as progress, schedule and planning input to the weekly, bi-weekly and monthly project reports.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
* Authorization to work in Canada without restrictions
* Degree in Engineering, PMP, PSP would be considered an asset.
* Proven equivalent planning & scheduling cost related experience.
* Minimum of 5 years of related experience in project planning/scheduling within the petroleum industry. Field related construction experience would be considered an asset.
* Proficient in Primavera (P3/P5/P6) and Microsoft Project.
* Good knowledge and understanding of Cost Control and Document Control functions.
* Experience with change control management.
* Previous experience in Earned Value Analysis and schedule risk analysis.
* Superior analytical skills to identify key issues based on relevant data and provide appropriate solutions/recommendations.
* Strong level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts and construction work processes.
Req. N. HQ00017961
Petroplan is a global organisation which delivers recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support throughout the oil and energy industry.
Our outstanding reputation for placing high-calibre technical personnel within permanent and contract positions is based on Petroplan's tailored service offering which provides optimal results.
We have regional offices within Europe, the Middle East, USA, Canada, Asia-Pacific and India from which all our key competencies are delivered. In collaboration with our strategic partners, Petroplan currently supports clients and personnel throughout forty countries.
Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies operating globally together with niche organizations focusing on a specialist discipline or location