Our client who is a leading Oil and Gas Operator are currently looking for a Senior Project Controls Analyst on either a contract or Staff basis. This position will focus on providing overall cost & schedule development, monitoring and analysis on one or more major complex projects.
* Develop and ensure compliance to the project controls plan.
* Support the development of funding and strategies for the project.
* Develop the project Work Breakdown Structure during the development stage of a project that helps facilitate budget development, cost control, schedule management, progress & performance and meets Accounting requirements for asset creation.
* Review and understand the complete scope of work (total project life cycle), including Internal Costs, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Commissioning.
* Review and understand the Contract(s) Documents, which include General Conditions, Specifications, Addendums, Contract Provisions and Compensation requirements for all aspects of the project.
* Review and analyze estimates / budgets to establish cost and schedule performance baselines; Collect and compile internal and external cost, schedule and progress information through standard templates & procedures; accountable to ensure proper coding of project costs; monitor and analyze project costs against commitments and planned values; perform earned value analysis and forecasting to report cost, hour and key quantity variances. Progress * Measurement includes Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning deliverables.
* Provide Schedule Management, consisting of supporting internal and external schedule development and schedule control during the full life cycle of all assigned projects.
* Collect and compile Internal and external resource information through standard templates & procedures
* Provide guidance to the Project Management Team in developing the Total Installed Cost (TIC) Forecast To Complete (FTC) values based on the collection of integrated (scope, cost, schedule & progress) internal and external information and reviews.
* Responsible for the quality, accuracy, completeness and timeliness of project cost reports, schedules, and progress & performance reports;
The Ideal candidate should have:
* University degree in Engineering or Business; or Technical Diploma; or equivalent experience.
* Certified Cost Engineer / Consultant (AACE International) designation (preferred) or Project Management Professional.
* Industrial project experience in an Total Project Delivery environment would be an asset (this includes interfaces with the project development, engineering, procurement, construction, project accounting, contracting, execution, and commissioning phases of the project).
* Experience in project controls, contract administration and construction management preferably within the liquids pipelining and facilities business.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (2007), Primavera Project Manager (V P6.7) and Microsoft Projects.
* Requires sound problem solving, decision making and analytical skills.
* A self starter who has the ability to work individually and within a team setting.
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal are required.
* Ability to effectively manage and prioritize workload, bring issues forward and develop working relationships at all levels of the organization.
Ref No: HQ00017972
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.