Senior Accountant - Temporary Contract
- Assists with monthly financial closing and issuance of financial statements.
- Responsible for monthly GL reconciliations with supporting schedules, and related journal entries
- Responsible for monthly analysis and reporting
- Reconciles accounts and maintains the chart of accounts.
- Assist with the preparation of variance analysis on monthly/quarterly/annually basis
- Assists with the creation of year-end GAAP financial statements.
- Maintains the fixed asset accounting system.
- Prepares various sales reporting required by HQ
- Liaise with various sites and other head office departments as queries may arise
- Supports the budget process.
- Supports the annual financial audit.
- Works with outside accountants in support of the income tax filing.
- Assist with various ad-hoc projects as required
- Bachelor degree in Accounting is required
- Designated CPA/CA/CMA
- 5 years experience as a Staff Accountant.
- Knowledge of both Canadian & US GAAP, intercompany transactions, multi-level reporting, foreign currency translation and consolidations
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Sage 50 and Access
- Knowledge of ERP systems, and/or Hyperion reporting an asset
- Excellent communication skills, including written, oral and inter-personal.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com