Petroplan is currently seeking a SCADA Tech (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) to join our client - a well established oil and gas operating company with offices in Houston.
The SCADA Tech will configure programs and support systems used for measurement, alarm management, automation, control, and data acquisition related to natural gas facilities. This position would also require a Gas Control Operational Qualification to gain a complete understanding of the SCADA system.
Daily Operations - (50%)
- Installs, configures, maintains, and troubleshoots software and network issues related to supported applications such as ClearSCADA 2015, AutoSol Communication Manager (ACM), and Flow-Cal version 8.
- Assist USGP IT in monitoring and troubleshooting activities related to SCADA server and workstation hardware, performance, network infrastructure and security.
- Provides daily technical support for SCADA system data and telemetry information used for system control and for measurement validation software and system balance
- Implements and maintains HMI graphics, reports and applications for use by operations.
- Travel, as necessary, to local field offices where applications reside to perform routine maintenance and support for local operations personnel.
- Provide O&M/Capital Project support and development
Measurement Operations (30%)
- Relief measurement analyst
- Assist the measurement analyst during close process or as needed
Regulatory Compliance - PHMSA (10%)
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards associated with PHMSA and Department of Transportation requirements
- Responsible for reporting issues to appropriate management, maintaining change management, SDLC documentation, department governance and management communication consistent with department policies and procedures
Gas Control Operations (5%)
- Relief controller
- Working with various interconnect gas controllers and Supervisors
- Review daily/monthly LAUFs
Associate's degree (A. A.) and/or 3 years' of SCADA/gas control experience.
- Communications systems and technology.
- Comprehensive experience with server and workstation networking and administration
- Substantial knowledge of the storage and pipeline system.
- Able to apply knowledge of the methods, principles and practices for coordinating the flow of natural gas.
- Use general and specialized computer applications to manage information.
- Able to demonstrate advanced communication ability both written and verbal.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, customers and supervisors.
- Must have the ability to react to high pressure, emergency situations as a well trained professional, remaining calm while executing the required emergency response plan in timely manner.
- Able to use analytical thinking to carry out complex, detailed and time sensitive procedures.
- Must be a self-starter, able to take the lead on all operational issues.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com