SECTION 1: POSITION DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Construction Engineer
SECTION 2: KEY ROLE
Primary focal point within the Conventional Gas Lift Project (CGLP) team with specific accountability to deliver
- Review, challenge and approval of EPC Contractor's construction workpacks, and other construction documentation
- Review, challenge and gap closure associated with EPC Contractor's fabrication and construction activities - both onshore and offshore
University degree or equivalent. Engineer with a minimum of 5 year's Oil and Gas project experience ideally in an offshore environment.
SECTION 3: POSITION REPORTS TO
Line Manager Title: Category B Construction Manager
SECTION 4: RESPONSIBILITIES & OBJECTIVES
- Support CGLP project team in delivering the Project HSSE objectives by demonstrating a personal commitment & leadership towards HSSE excellence along with ensuring HSSE compliance by the EPC contractor. Specifically shall lead the construction oversight activities on behalf of CGLP
- Inline with CGLP specifications to review, challenge and approve the EPC construction contractor's workpacks, and other construction related documentation (as required e.g. plans/schedules, site queries)
- Form part of the CGLP Project Leadership team offering status report on fabrication and construction, and delivering plans to close gaps. Also contributes to the progress, issues & mitigations per the weekly & monthly project reports
- Acting as the key interface for construction activities to the commission and startup functions supporting CGLP
SECTION 5: ACADEMIC/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Relevant construction qualification or significant experience
- Minimum of 5 years O & G project construction experience, ideally in offshore environment
- Ability to perform effectively in a team environment demonstrating; collaborative, cooperative, flexible, adaptable, respectful, and tactful personal characteristics
- Confident and energetic approach to addressing all construction & technical issues
- English speaking & proficient in the ability to produce quality written reports in English
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com