Knowledge, qualifications and experience
- Degree in electrical engineering or related subject, ideally with professional qualifications (CEng)
- 5 - 10 years post qualification experience defined by:
- Preparing and implementing electrical and instrument/control system designs for the oil and gas or process industries
- Working in multi-disciplined engineering teams in a design house or operator engineering/project management environment.
- Discipline lead or project engineer directing and managing the activities of a small team
- Preparation of budget estimates and plans, tracking and controlling costs and progress
- Design and project experience through all phases of the project life cycle (from concept development, though detailed design to commissioning and operational handover) including modification projects for operational sites
- Preparation of test acceptance procedures and participation in factory and site testing
- Site experience, planning and executing installation and commissioning works
- Good understanding of electrical and process safety requirements for the process industries
- Managing outsourced activities e.g. engineering design; maintenance
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; https://www.petroplan.com/about/