Wireline Operator - Odessa/Midland, TX
United States of America / Odessa / North America
This role is going to be based in Odessa/Midland Texas area. At this moment no relocation or housing allowance will be provided, local candidates will be highly preferred. The hiring manager is looking for experienced individuals that can perform the following job duties (but not limited too) with minimal supervision.
- Assist Engineer and co-workers in setting up truck, unloading equipment, assembling, preparing tools and rigging-up on location
- Performing routine wireline equipment performance checks, preventative maintenance of related tools, wireline tool assembly, testing and basic troubleshooting
- Guide subsurface tools in and out of well bore
- Operates hoist, performs routine measurement checks, calculations and adjustments to ensure accurate depth measurements
- Maintain neat housekeeping of work site/area
- Must be able to complete job tickets, summaries, and all other necessary paperwork
- Assist wireline supervisor during operations
- Performs all duties in a safe manner
- Complies with Company safety policies and procedures
- Complies with federal, state and local safety regulations and procedures
- Previous wireline experience required
- Written and oral communication skills
- Maintain neat and accurate paperwork
- Basic knowledge of electricity
- Able to operate forklift if required
- Should be flexible to accomplish various duties.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Job posted by
Back to Vacancies
- I am interested in a job working at Petroplan. What should I do?
- Can I engage with Petroplan via Social Media?
- How do I apply for a particular oil and gas job?
- Do Petroplan's clients ever hire expats? If so, what are your residency requirements?
- I am having problems logging into the Petroplan Candidate portal using my username or password. Who can I contact to resolve these issues?