Chad / / West Africa
Great opportunity to join leading Oil & Gas Company as a Customs Specialist. Role will be based in Chad ideally on a full time basis.
Reporting to the Logistics and Customs Manager based in London and to the Contracts and Procurements Manager in Chad. He/She will manage all aspects of Customs requirements to support the Company's activities in Chad as well as overseeing the function within Cameroon to support the Company's Cameroon office.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Management of all imports, exports and interfacing with Customs interface for goods, equipment and materials for both the Company as well as its contractors.
* Management of the Companies' customs liabilities and convention.
* Oversight of the customs liabilities for the Cameroon Business Unit.
* Managing PCM's relationship with Chad Customs and PCM's Customs Broker by communicating expectations, monitoring performance and providing feedback.
* Hosting regular meetings with Customs.
* Hosting regular meetings with the Customs broker and freight forwarder.
* Reviewing and approving Customs invoices to ensure accurate application of fees and exemptions.
* Reviewing Customs entry documents for imports and exports to ensure accurate declarations and communicate adjustments to Customs broker.
* Facilitating timely release of imported goods.
* Ensuring timely close out of direct release customs files.
* Facilitating resolution of supply chain disruptions related to Customs.
* Leading and conducting audits on PCM's contractors' to determine import/export compliance.
* Managing ATN/ATS status of all equipment on PCM's convention and ensure timely certificate renewals'.
* Managing transfer of equipment applications.
* Tracking performance of Custom's broker through KPI's for monthly reporting.
* Serving as regional liaison on behalf of the Contracts and Procurement department between the Company and regulatory agencies.
* Developing and managing internal control programs for import and export compliance as per region and country specific regulations.
* Researching and providing technical assistance in interpretation of laws/regulations, product description, harmonized tariff codes, country of origin and for the resolution of all import/export compliance issues for the region/country.
* Providing daily/weekly/monthly reports on all activities.
* Strong and extensive knowledge of CEMAC customs union.
* Practical experience within a Customs role previously.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with all levels of management.
* The ability to negotiate with the Chad Customs department to ensure that all the relevant exonerations and exemptions are realized.
* High level of competency in Outlook, Excel and Word.
* Experience of working in Chad a must.
* Master degree in Logistics, Transportation and Transit Management, Accounting or Specialized Degree in Customs related Studies or Tax System.
* Fluent written and spoken English as well as French.
* Experience in working in Cameroon an advantage.
* Previous employment within the Customs department an advantage.
* Relevant work experience in Customs activities within other areas of the CEMAC zone is preferable.
* Previous oil and gas experience an advantage.
* Knowledge/experience of "OHADA" Law System.
* Ability to travel to Cameroon periodically will be required.
Ref. No: HQ00028234
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Job posted by
Back to Vacancies
- I am interested in a job working at Petroplan. What should I do?
- Can I engage with Petroplan via Social Media?
- How do I apply for a particular oil and gas job?
- Do Petroplan's clients ever hire expats? If so, what are your residency requirements?
- I am having problems logging into the Petroplan Candidate portal using my username or password. Who can I contact to resolve these issues?