Egypt / Cairo / North Africa
Our Client, a Global Engineering and Construction Contractor based in Egypt are looking to recruit an experienced Accounting Manager on a staff basis. He/she will hold ultimate responsibility for all financial reports for this side of the business.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Ensuring that the performance of various assigned tasks, and the conduct of staff within the project are in accordance with the Finance Section's policies and procedures, all costs must be coded to the correct General Ledger accounts to provide a fair cost appraisal of all projects.
* Conferring with receivables staff regarding unpaid contract billings.
*Preparing monthly cost report and quarterly project reports in coordination with Project Controls function to be presented to the Project Manager and identifying any patterns or anomalies which need to be explained.
* Approving and signing all suppliers' claims within agreed authority matrix for the project.
* Managing and settling all claims of petty cash including tax changes for the project, and working with Site Internal Reviewer (Head Office) and Treasury to ensure sufficient balances are held on sites to meet obligations.
* Following up with the Project's Accountant in order to maintain a continuous knowledge of projects' status in order to identify potential issues within or related to the project.
* Acting as the key point of reference for all queries connected to financial accounting or management information and compile information for Internal Auditors as required.
* Managing all subordinates and other staff within the section in performing their delegated tasks.
* Maintaining project-related records, including contracts and orders.
* Ensuring that work is done according to the company HSE policies and regulations, and employee is fully aware of job risk assessment and environmental aspects.
The ideal candidate will have:
* CPA Certificate or CMA.
* Industrial or construction experience (Preferable).
* Experience in working with Joint Ventures (Preferable).
* Work experience within audit firms or audit experience.
Ref No: HQ00028383
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Job posted by
Back to Vacancies
- I am interested in a job working at Petroplan. What should I do?
- Can I engage with Petroplan via Social Media?
- How do I apply for a particular oil and gas job?
- Do Petroplan's clients ever hire expats? If so, what are your residency requirements?
- I am having problems logging into the Petroplan Candidate portal using my username or password. Who can I contact to resolve these issues?