Egypt / / North Africa
Our Client, a Global Engineering and Construction Contractor are looking to recruit an experienced Quantity Surveyor/Manager for a 1 year residential contract based in Egypt.
HE/She will provide commercial support to project teams, maintaining commercial information and ensure compliance with contractual requirements and the Company's 'objectives. They will liaise with Customer Representatives and other third parties on commercial issues including agreement of variations, claims and any additional payments.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Ensuring robust, accurate and timely cost and value reporting at both project and business unit level.
* Ensuring accurate cash flow reporting takes place.
* Carrying out cost management including forecasting.
* Updating the monthly CVR, cost and commercial plans.
* Ensuring that internal commercial processes are adhered to across the business unit.
* Actively seeking to improve processes and procedures.
* Holding a good understanding of the processes and procedures used by any JV/Alliance and assisting in their development and improvement.
* Ensuring that any main contracts entered into have terms and conditions that are appropriate for the company, with commercial risks identified.
* Ensuring that the supply chain is engaged appropriately with the correct contract terms and conditions.
* Building and maintaining good client relationships.
* Responsible for subcontract letting, negotiation and financial accounting.
* Preparing applications for payment.
* Liaising with the Client, Client Representatives and other Third Parties on commercial issues, including agreement of variations, claims and additional payments.
* Contributing towards effective interaction between the Commercial Team and the Operational Site Teams.
* Working with Site Management to forecast predicted spend and cash recovery and ensure that both are kept in line with target.
* Sharing best practice with others and be proactive in advising site teams on costs and management of them.
* Accurate monthly forecasting.
* Challenging resources and costs.
* Maintaining deadlines in line with monthly commercial calendar.
Ref No: HQ00028626
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Job posted by
Back to Vacancies
- I am interested in a job working at Petroplan. What should I do?
- Can I engage with Petroplan via Social Media?
- How do I apply for a particular oil and gas job?
- Do Petroplan's clients ever hire expats? If so, what are your residency requirements?
- I am having problems logging into the Petroplan Candidate portal using my username or password. Who can I contact to resolve these issues?