JOB PURPOSE AND DELIVERABLES:
· Assist the Project Manager by taking a leading role in promoting the Company's drive for excellence in inherent safety and environmental protection through design engineering and best practice in the project.
· Preparation of a Company Project HSE plan establishing HSE targets, project development needs and strategy to address them.
· Communicate Company HSE expectations, design requirements, industry best practice to the Contractor and monitor compliance.
· Ensuring that Risk Management Processes and tools are developed and used to effectively identify hazards, to assess risk and to recommend controls to manage the risks and hence prevent, or reduce, the impact of potential harm to people, the environment and assets.
· Provision of expert technical HSE engineering input into the review of Contractor technical HSE engineering deliverables e.g. HSE Philosophy, HSE functional specifications, ALARP/BAT Assessment, HAZID/ENVID, HAZOP, SIL/LOPA, QRA, model Reviews, Layouts, Safety Case preparation (Etude de Danger), definition of Safety and Environmental Critical Performance Standards etc.
· Preparation of a Project Environmental Social Action Plan to monitor compliance against the IFC Performance Standards.
· Review of contractor led Security design provisions and communication with NACAMOP on adequacy of provisions.
· Monitor of Engineering Contractor Actions Register, close-out and approval of HSE engineering actions.
· Work with NACAMOP HSE Adviser in West Africa to support Project visits to site in West Africa.
· Establish Emergency response and medical welfare plans for the project team in KL and ensure that they are regularly exercised.
· Perform non-routine tasks, and attend such meetings as directed from time to time by the Project Manager or as opportunity presents in order to meet Company/Project HSE objectives.
· Undertake audits and investigations as required.
· Provision of routine Weekly / Monthly reports project HSE engineering performance report describing progress against goals, including data on design issues corrective action status and significant findings, progress and issues, audits conducted, major findings and status of corrective actions.
· Coordinate the flow of technical Environmental Engineering Data to the ESIA Contractor.
· Establish HSE design/performance criteria and specifications for executing work and reviews the project regularly to confirm compliance with Company expectation and regulatory requirements.
· Bachelor degree in a technical discipline, preferably safety/chemical/process.
· Master degree in technical Safety or Environmental Engineering or demonstrable experience.
· Extensive knowledge of current international health, safety and environmental management practices.
· Beneficial to have additional HSE engineering knowledge in consequence modelling software.
· Minimum 10-15 years experiences in upstream oil and gas, 5-10 years focused upon project safety and environmental engineering ideally with field exposure and process knowledge
· Membership of relevant professional and industry association preferred
· Be able to read, comprehend, and interpret complex regulations and laws
· Track record in project HSE engineering roles in FEED and EPC contracts including offshore/onshore facility and pipeline design and construction, installation, hook-up and commissioning and production operations.
· Knowledge of the IFC Performance standards and their implementation in design.
· Fluent in English both written and spoken
· Working in multi-disciplinary teams in disparate geographical locations;
· Highly computer literate with MS Office suite of programs as a minimum
· Be credible and possess gravitas, be acknowledged as a technical expert and a "go to" advisor on safety and environmental engineering matters
· Experience of working in the West Africa preferable
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.
Ref No: BBBH37243