Petroplan is in search for a Senior Contract Administrator in Kitimat, BC.
- Provide oversight and administration of contracts, including monitoring and reporting of contract status, maintenance of contracts and facilitation of contractor meetings.
- Perform analysis of contract changes and provide commercial recommendations.
- Maintain contract-related authorization and correspondence to support execution and claim mitigation.
- Ensure contract is in compliance with legal requirements, owner specifications and government regulations
- Decision Making: Makes decisions and recommendations that are correct for all parties on highly technical or complex issues, including those without formal guidelines or precedents.
- Exercises resourcefulness and ingenuity to execute responsibilities and interpret policy. Relationship building is paramount.
- Engage with applicable stakeholders and Project Managers for resolution of contract issues, including change management, contract disputes and claims management/resolution
- Monitor compliance to contract requirements, ensuring all conditions are satisfied
- Perform contract close-out activities
- Prepare contract change notices, monitor contract performance, including the reporting and status of contractor and owner deliverables.
- Obtain estimates and ensure contract change execution in accordance with company policy and change order requests are reviewed and back up documentation is provided and justified.
- Administrative duties (updating records, filing, logging/tracking correspondence, validating invoices to contract terms, reviewing change requests, preparing, issuing and filing change orders, etc.).
- Chair weekly, bi-weekly or monthly progress meetings with the contractor and construction team. Responsible for providing meeting minutes.
- Invoice attestation and compliance with the contract including data validation i.e. LEMS, Sub-Contractor Invoices, Material Receipts.
- Ensure contract administration activities meet requirements of internal corporate stakeholders (i.e. risk, legal, project management, etc.) and corporate standards.
- Provide sound supply chain management advice, guidance, and options to internal stakeholders while following established processes and proper authorization control.
- Apply commercial understanding of pipeline and energy infrastructure business as well as legal requirements, owner specifications and government regulations, as appropriate, during oversight of assigned contracts. - Ensure contractor work, reporting, scheduling, progress payments and close out are performed in accordance with the contract
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client-led management structure.