Petroplan is in search for a Business Analyst in Calgary, AB.
This is a contract position until December 31st, 2021.
The Products Trading Workstream is an exciting initiative supporting the ongoing stand-up of the new Refined Products Trading business within existing Crude trading platform. Reporting to the workstream lead, you will support the scoping, requirements gathering, design and implementation of new products trading activities. You will be working with individuals from the Supply, Trading and Optimization (STO) business unit, various finance/accounting functions, middle office functions, and supporting business units such as Tax and Legal to implement required changes to enable high-value add trading activities.
- Coordinate amongst multiple functions the implementation of new transfer prices into a database system called MarketView
- Evaluation of market-based prices relative to historical wholesale sales prices
- Work with change to develop and communicate a robust sustainment plan
- Provide guidance/coordination around business process changes within STO to support the ongoing buildup of supporting functions to the Products Trading business (I.e. scheduling, LP, back office, middle office, etc.)
- Solicit support and create a subject matter working team
- Build on the current state processes and roles and responsibilities work done thus far
- Identify required data and process requirements to streamline service offerings
- Collaborate with appropriate functions to build out new processes and clarify roles & responsibilities
- Promote, educate, and support the workstream change/communication strategy amongst numerous business units outside of STO by participating in:
- Quarterly town hall sessions
- Ad hoc awareness sessions
- Monthly digital media releases
- Provide content/guidance to the project team creating a learning database of business and role specific information
- Duties as required by the project
- Entrepreneurial experience working at or founding a startup welcome
- 5 years' experience within downstream oil and gas or a bank, preferably with trading office (front, middle, or back office) experience
- Professional project designation (Prosci, PMP, Lean Six Sigma, CBAP, PMI-PBA) or MBA preferred
- Undergraduate degree in business, economics, or engineering.
Skills and Knowledge
- You are naturally curious and have the capability to rapidly learn new functions within a business
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to interact and provide expert advice to director level audience
- You are a self-starter and work well in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work effectively within a cross functional team (tax, legal, finance, operations, etc.)
- Knowledge of refined products and subsequent commodity markets
- You are organized and able to work on parallel activities ? Must know how to do business process mapping
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Visio, PowerBI, Excel and MS Office suite
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client-led management structure.