The discipline engineer works closely with the Client's Technical Authority to ensure technical quality and the application of practical, operable, and innovative technology by the engineering contractors. The discipline engineer also helps to ensure contractor engineering discipline work is completed in an efficient manner and supports project schedule milestones. The discipline engineer's roles and responsibilities include:
- Provides safety leadership enforcing the Client's Health, Safety , and Environmental policies, procedures, and objectives to ensure that I and C designs are inherently safer, risks are reduced, and HSE requirements are satisfied.
- Provides leadership, along with the Clients' Technical Authority, for the overall instrument and control design efforts.
- Develops instrument design practices and philosophies including overall control schemes and shutdown philosophies.
- Ensures that appropriate design specifications and standards are being used in the design process.
- Ensures project design is consistent with the client's integrity management standard use of Guidance on Certification and industry standards.
- Reviews and provides comments on instrumentation and control designs.
- Reviews P&ID's, loop drawings, instrument specifications, and instrument selection.
- Provides safe, operable, and efficient equipment designs
- Evaluates and selects vendors and equipment. 10.Identifies integration and infrastructure issues
- Provides consultation and problem resolution.
- Assists with performance tests and problem resolution.
- Assists in checkout, commissioning, and startup.
- Actively participates in fabrication shop visits.
- Assists with the development of operation procedures and training.
- Communicates and coordinates with Project Engineers and Project Leads.
- Monitors performance of Engineering Contractor discipline engineers and reports deviations from acceptable performance.
- Coordinates work efforts with the Technical Authority.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Must have a minimum of 10 years industry experience. Upstream oil/gas experience is desired. Offshore oil and gas deepwater experience is a plus
- Candidate should have extensive experience with instrumentation and controls in process industry, especially design, installation and calibration of pressure sensing, fire and gas, level sensing and valve actuation.
- Candidate must be able to read, review, redline and create P&IDs, loop diagrams, datasheets, cause and effect drawings, electrical schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Candidate must have ladder logic and functional block programming experience.
- Experience in Management of Change principles and processes to successfully deliver improvements and modifications
- Experience in root cause failure assessments for instrumentation equipment
- Knowledge of functional safety is a plus (Hazop/LOPA, SIL verification, SRS)
- Technical knowledge of electrical equipment and Systems in Hazardous Areas
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.