||The Electrical Project and Standards Engineer- EV charging Infrastructure will focus on these main tasks:
- Leads and supports projects, proof of concepts and designs with electrical content.
- Leads the development, updating, co-ordinating and consolidating regulatory, business, and local standards into a global fit for purpose suite that meets the business's changing needs.
- Provide bpp leadership on the application technical standards and business documentation.
- Provides electrical engineering design and interface to a wide range of EV charging projects.
- Leads and supports proof of concept projects from an electrical perspective.
- Owns and manages development, changes, updating and use of standards and business documents.
- Provides assurance that requirements are being correctly applied across regions.
- Interfaces closely with the Document Control team reporting to Controls department.
- Provides a link to Engineering Practice Control Authority to ensure all relevant requirements are captured.
- Develops, owns and manages the document commenting and lesson learnt processes and implementation thereof.
- Expert advice and point of contact for Engineering, Procurement and Construction management contractor related queries on standards, processes and procedures.
- Keeps abreast of Industry standards and any regulatory changes.
- Develops front end engineering designs for a range of new project concepts.
- Lead project development and provides interface to other internal low carbon mobility teams.
- Manages the development of new requirement documents with SMEs and authors.
- Manages any updates and improvements to the suite listed on the Master Document register.
- Manages the integration of regional requirements into the global requirements, seeking synergies and optimisation opportunities.
- Works closely with Document Control team to provide effective document control.
- Monitors and ensures that the latest versions of the documents and newly created documents are circulated correctly within the team as well as on various projects and with external contractors.
- Manages external contractor documentation flow into document management system.
- Arranges team workshops/other to optimise and update key requirements documents.
- Manages the digitalisation of key requirements documents.
- Manages the use of digitalised requirements across EPCs and third parties.
- Manages the compliance flow of third party and internal documents.
- Leads Management of Change (MoC) processes related to technical requirements.
- Develops and implements an assurance process to monitor use and conformance by all user of the technical and business requirements.
|Job Holder Requirements
(Minimum education, experience & capabilities)
- Higher education in engineering, preferably electrical engineering or similar.
- Familiarisation with document management tools (ALIM Bentley, Project management control systems, etc.)
- Familiarisation with Process mapping and optimisation tools.
- Key ability to identify, address and complete activities.
Experience and skills
- 5-10 years electrical engineering experience in industry, preferably EV charging solutions.
- Experience in industry or relevant industry using standards and procedures.
- Excellent ability to influence others outside their line to deliver activities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain compelling relationships.
- Proven ability to interact with multiple functions within an organisation to deliver goals, and more broadly, with the functions in the group that are working in the space of project delivery, operations and procurement.
- Proven track record of performing in high-intensity environments, operating within tight financial resources and meeting challenging deadlines.
- Positive personality, with energetic leadership style and strong resilience.
- A good balance of structured/holistic thinking with fast moving and pragmatic execution.
- Passionate about continuous improvement, process efficiency and collaboration.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.