The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring project and contract management from pre project definition and commercial phases through to final delivery of services.
Expectation is to plan and manage projects related to alternative fuels, renewable energy and future technologies and ensure that they are delivered successfully, in terms of deadline, quality, allocated budget and guaranty of a standard processed delivery to achieve total client satisfaction.
The candidate shall coordinate with internal and external teams of the COMPANY and associated partners/stakeholders and guaranty the quality of services delivered.
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Carry out project management including assisting in pre-project definition and commercial phases including quotations and contract negotiation, to final delivery of services.
- Analyze and diagnose clients' needs and propose solutions, provide technical assistance and attend to technical enquiries and evaluation during pre-contract period for major projects.
- Manage assigned projects, perform market and technical research for client directed projects related to alternative fuels, renewable energy and future technologies.
- Perform business development functions, including market research, network and active engagement with current / potential clients and stakeholders (such as providing technical advice and assistance) to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Gain full visibility of project progress and ensure project follow up, through coordination and organization of tasks within different disciplines on a daily basis.
- Direct and manage the project as a focal point of contact for clients during project phase
- Assess capabilities and availability of resources for service delivery, working within defined budget if applicable and timeframe.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and global offices, communicate project requirements and manage service delivery.
- Assist in performing technical studies and producing professional quality proposals, reports, and presentation materials.
- Assist in conducting surveys, studies and reports as directed.
- Keep up to date with new rules, regulations, market trends and technical information or process disseminated through external and internal communication.
- Participate in meetings (both internal and external) as required.
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering / Marine Engineering / Naval Architecture or Certificate of Competency 1,
- Post-graduate certificate in Project Management is desirable.
- Minimum 10 years working experience in Maritime industry (or 6 years in similar capacity, ie. project management).
- Strong networking and relationship building skills.
- Familiarity with carbon emission reduction solutions, including alternative fuels, carbon capture, renewable energy and marine innovations.
- Good communicator and results-driven.
- Able to travel at short notice and accept short to mid-term overseas assignments as required.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.