As Business Development & Commercial Manager you will lead the company's sales growth by actively seeking new coating projects and managing all aspects of tendering to build a profitable track record in successful project wins.
With a focus on respectful exchanges within our internal departments, you will build tenders and present to key clients a comprehensive and compliant offer and negotiate to win the order.
- Identify new tenders for offshore S-Lay and Onshore coating projects building a pipeline of commercial bids to be converted into sales contracts.
- Promote the clients portfolio of products and services to global key accounts.
- Develop and maintain budgets and forecasting on revenue and profit for all current and future sales contracts.
- Manage Technical Pre-qualification of the company's services with National and International Energy Companies for major field development projects.
- Manage all aspects of tendering including commercial and technical review and clarification, costing, and profitability analysis, HSE, QA/QC, logistics plans, materials selection and build strategies to offer alternatives based on the company's competitive position.
- Regularly conduct customer meetings to address technical and commercial clarifications on bids, upcoming projects, and plan kick-off meetings for awarded contracts.
- Develop quality long term internal relationships with Project Management, Engineering, QC/QC, Finance, Technical Director and Supply Chain teams to build compliant and competitive tenders.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in a similar role within the offshore coating industry
- Degree in Engineering preferable
- Understanding and experience with NACE, ISO and DNV coating specifications, standards, codes, and recommended practices.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite Experience, ERP system experience.
- Demonstrated history of successful project wins.
- Strong commercial acumen with a background in managing projects with a hands-on approach.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.