Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Manage onsite operations safely and efficiently, and lead field personnel to deliver the business objectives, in full compliance with relevant standards, policies and legislation.
- Demonstrate and consistently apply the highest level of leadership in HSE standards, practices and policies.
- Ensure site safety and environmental management systems are implemented as designed and are consistent with internal policies and standards.
- Ensure site personnel understand the Emergency Response Procedures and carry out regular drills.
- Demonstrate leadership and commitment by actively participating in the onsite HSE programs.
- Develop the onsite team and coach individuals to enhance their contribution to performance.
- Build team spirit and morale through inclusive behaviour and respect for diversity.
- Ensure site team members have a clear understanding about the objectives of the operation and their roles in delivering these objectives.
- Deliver continuous performance improvement by efficient management of onsite resources and use of best practices.
- Ensure all activities by onsite personnel are coordinated, and in compliance with well program procedures.
- Coordinate and communicate with off-site personnel and resources to manage program changes and deliver business objectives.
- Ensure onsite lessons are captured and shared effectively.
- Monitor, evaluate and report daily operations, variances and performance against the well program objectives and third party contracts.
- Report, investigate, follow-up and ensure close-out of all onsite incidents and near-misses relating to personnel, equipment and procedures promptly.
- Active management of drilling contractor and service providers offshore in compliance with policies and legislative requirements.
- Interface with platform management to ensure appropriate control of simultaneous operation issues.
- Commitment to well planning and learning process through input into drilling procedures, forward programmes and active participation in continuous improvement processes.
- Management and control of operational costs.
- Incident reporting and investigation as appropriate.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.