HV Electrical Engineer
About the job
We're on the lookout for an exceptional Electrical Engineer to power up our HV Cable Termination and Testing Service.
Primarily this position will be based at our facility in Westhill in Aberdeen with travel to off and onshore sites to lead the execution of projects.
As an HV Electrical Engineer, you'll be at the forefront of high-voltage excellence, working on offshore and international projects that will challenge and advance your skills.
Bring your can-do attitude, and we'll provide you with the platform to shine. Your experience and technical knowledge will be instrumental in ensuring the reliability and safety of our energy transmission systems.
Overall Purpose of the Job
Onsite team lead for termination and testing of HV (up to 66kV) array cables for offshore wind farms.
The applicant will be the subject matter expert for the company's HV IAC T&T service. They will provide support technical support for tendering and project engineering of HV IAC T&T scopes. They will lead the delivery of these scopes onsite (onshore, offshore & overseas).
It is envisaged that over time this role will transition to an office based one as the company develops capacity in HV IAC T&T.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead projects onsite.
- Assist in the preparation of project documentation and reports by providing technical expertise to the project teams.
- Assist with preparation of tenders including preparation of method statements and equipment lists.
- Responsible for overseeing daily site operations.
- Ensure QA and HSE requirements are met.
- Attend client visits to provide technical support to Business Development.
- Oversee general daily functions performed/assigned to subordinates.
- Provide on-the-job monitoring of tasks and activities.
- Empower subordinates in achievement of tasks.
- Encourage and develop team relationships.
- Assist in the development of the business management system with respect to electrical engineering, including forms, risk assessments and method statements.
- Assist in the development of suppliers for electrical termination and testing equipment as well as HV and FO termination and testing contractors.
- Ensure compliance with Quality and HSE Management System by ensuring that all operational requirements are performed / completed in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Ensure daily Toolbox Talks are held onsite with all work teams under their control and that PPE is suitable to meet job requirements.
- Write reports including inputs to all project related documentation e.g. Project Quality Plans, Project Risk Assessments, Safe Job Analysis and Management Reports.
- Adhere to Company's policies and procedures.
Qualifications Required (Technical, Professional, Academic)
- BTEC Diploma (Level 4), City & Guild, or HNC in Electrical Engineering
- Possession of/or the ability to get an RUK Wind Turbine Medical Certificate
- Possession of/or the ability to get GWO Certificates
- HV Cable Jointing
- HV Cable Testing
- Electrical Installation
- Fibre Optic Cabling & Termination
- HV Cable Jointing
- Leading onsite delivery of HV IAC and Fibre Optic T&T for the renewables industry, preferably offshore.
- Sound technical knowledge of HV IAC and Fibre Optic T&T operations and equipment used.
- Experience in electrical installations or maintenance for offshore O&G installations
- Experience within the project environment
- Must have strong communication skills, with the ability to negotiate and influence others.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Enthusiasm and commitment.
- Personnel supervisory skills.
- Ability to work well in a team whilst also independently using own initiative.
- Ability to build strong relationships across the business.
- Confident and articulate with good diplomacy skills.
- Proactive with a high attention to detail.
- Represent the company's best interests at all times.
- Strong quality focus is a must and able to prioritise tasks with minimal supervision.
- Computer literacy - Competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
What we offer
- Career Development
- Flexible working
- Company pension
- Profit sharing
- Private medical insurance
- Life Insurance
- Various staff wellness schemes
- Employee referral scheme
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.