SCM Subcontract Specialist
Permanent Staff Position
As SCM Subcontracts Specialist you are responsible for developing and implementing procurement plans for assigned projects, the role will procure critical or complex permanent goods or services
Your role and responsibilities will be:
- Contribute to the establishment of the Bidders List in accordance with the Approved Vendors Lists.
- Contribute to the selection, management and performance monitoring of Vendors.
- Prepare Request for Quotations / Invitation to Tenders for goods and services in line with, allocated budgets, quality and delivery targets.
- Ensure that all project subcontracts for the project provide best value and contractual position with regards to risk evaluation, budget adherence and delivery.
- Prepare and coordinate the placement of subcontracts/purchase orders that ensures compliance with procurement strategies and project procurement plan.
- Implement and run the project procurement plan meetings on a weekly basis.
- Organize KOM (Kick off Meetings) and attend PPM (Pre-production Meetings) with Vendors
- Follow up the weekly progress of complex/critical packages awarded to suppliers.
- Ensure the follow-up of actions from the weekly progress meeting with relevant functions within the Project.
- Expedite orders and ensure all documentation are received on time.
- Expedite invoices and close out of projects in timely manner.
- Negotiate any disputes that may arise in the supply chain.
- Responsible for managing procurement budget and provide monthly cost reports.
- Deliver briefs, updates and reports as and when required.
- Complete an evaluation of a supplier's performance / lessons learned with the project team as appropriate.
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement.
- Support the Category & Tendering team with any assignments based on business workload activities within each group. Collaboration on work assignments across Subcontract, Category and Tendering activities will be required and also to strengthen cross-functional knowledge and experience within each team.
Your Professional Qualifications / Experience
- Significant role relevant experience in the Upstream Oil & Gas/Renewables Industry and in Supply Chain Management.
- Pre and post award experience in EPCI environment and/or experience in supporting EPCI Tenders within SCM.
- IT proficient across the MS Suite. SAP/SAP Ariba.
- CIPs (or other relevant industry qualification).
You will have:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, maintains strong Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, maintains positive collaborative relationships at all levels across a multicultural global environment.
- Confident networking with an established ability to negotiate and influence.
- Numeric, with the ability to work with detail and accuracy.
- Pro-active planning and organising skills, able to identify and effectively prioritise workload and efficiently meet multiple, often competing deadlines.
- Flexible to adapt to changing priorities within a fast-paced 24/7 global business.
- Pro-active with a solutions-based approach, willing to challenge the status quo.
- Demonstrates initiative and ownership to deliver workload unsupervised while flexible to support wider team activities.
- Committed to continuous improvement and identification of efficient work methods and processes.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.