Job Overview -
Our Client is looking for a Senior Cost Estimator to join them on a long term contract outside IR35. They are offering hybrid options with a negotiable rate.
- Perform in an Estimator capacity developing estimates of manhours, costs, quantities, and scope for early project/ technology development phases for locations worldwide.
- Develop estimating scope - paying particular attention to capturing all the differences between competing concepts - and for assuring estimates, including checking and benchmarking.
- Develop the estimating scope, including bulk material quantities, infrastructure, degree of modularization, yard fabrication, transport and installation, site manhours (with consideration to proposed constructability methods and practices), commissioning, indirect labor, client costs, engineering and design.
- Interaction with project team members from all design disciplines in different locations, including project management, client reps, and other 3rd party consultants.
- Write estimate plans, review the scope of work, develop & assemble estimate data, review estimates (discipline, management, client), and write estimate basis document with qualifications & assumptions.
- Maintain the cost and benchmarking databases with the latest costs/quotes, and for new types of projects.
- Facilitate both internal and external estimate reviews and presentations with management, Study Manager, clients, and project team members.
Experience & Qualifications -
- Degree in Quantity Surveying, or Engineering, or equivalent industry experience.
- Previous experience in Oil and Gas, Energy Transition or a related industry sector.
- Knowledge and experience in EPC estimating practices and methods.
- Experience with estimating for brownfield & North Sea Brownfield modifications and/or capital projects during FEED and Detail Design, with an appreciation of engineering drawings.
- Understanding of development engineering, project management and construction management concepts.
- Knowledge of the estimating process to develop conceptual estimates of material quantities, manhours, bottom-up including site and office manning, logistics and utilities, infrastructure scope, bottom-up CAPEX, client costs for worldwide locations.
- Ability to develop cost estimates with limited (or no) engineering input using experience, historical data and in house software/databases as go-bys.
- Ability to develop direct and indirect costs (including non-EPC costs, such as infrastructure, tie-ins, site prep, client costs, insurance).
- Awareness of construction and installation methods to develop detailed P&C costs.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.