Position: Senior Piping Engineer
Type: Contract - Initially 6 months with possible opportunity to extend. Likely to be outside of IR35 but we will need this confirming
Working pattern: Standardly working 3 days in the office and 2 days remote per week.
Our client has an exciting opening for a Senior Piping Engineer on a contract basis within the Central Engineering Department at the Aberdeen office. Operating in a technical, challenging and diverse environment the role will involve working with various diverse engineering projects.
The role will be responsible for supporting work on tenders, studies, live projects and Research and Development Initiatives.
We welcome applicants from a range of sectors including subsea equipment providers, nuclear and power, HP Drilling and Military Design industries.
Specific Roles & Responsibilities:
- Plan, detail and review technical documentation relating to subsea piping and mechanical systems' construction and installation.
- Design and detailing in accordance with acknowledged industry Codes, Standards and Design Guides, Client Specifications and Scopes of Work.
- Production and checking of design documentation including feasibility reports, detailed design reports, construction drawings, design specifications, material take-offs, weight control calculations, etc.
- Provide input to, check and approve manifold pipe work general arrangement and isometric drawings.
- Production of pipe work and fittings specifications.
- Production of specifications and data sheet for subsea valves in accordance with API 6A or ISO 14723.
- Package engineering and management of large valve and pipe fitting packages.
- Provide mechanical and integrity calculations for piping and equipment, including pipe work stress analysis utilising CAESAR or similar software.
- Coordinate pipe work and mechanical engineering support to the execution of multidiscipline projects in line with defined budget and schedule.
- Liaise with associated subsea related disciplines and understand the interfaces within a project.
- Provide piping engineering assistance during occasional periods of offshore or site working.
- Provide piping engineering support to Business Acquisition and FEED study execution.
- Train/mentor junior and Graduate Engineers.
- Actively participate in relevant training to pursue continuing professional development.
Key Attributes required for this Position:
- An extensive subsea piping & mechanical track record in coordinating manifold / subsea/ towhead piping design teams (multi inter-disciple engineering/ extensive multi-component MTOs/ procurement & vendor selection support) as an integral part of a large project team.
- Integration & detailed/ expert engineering knowledge of subsea piping HPHT subsea systems/ piping connection systems/ cold flow/ subsea factory/ pumps/ compressors/ separators/ subsea electrical integration/ flow-meters/ valves etc.
- Detailed/ expert engineering knowledge of all the major subsea equipment suppliers & integrating components together from multiple suppliers
- Key Specific engineering expertise & vendor knowledge of the piping components - various forgings/ connectors/ flanges/ pulled bends/ small & large bore valves/ fittings/ seals & gaskets - supplied to the subsea Oil & Gas market
- Extensive experience in the modular layouts/ pipe stress analysis and valve specification requirements for subsea piping towhead/ manifold systems.
- Chartered or approaching Chartered Engineer status.
- A positive attitude to developing engineering experience across diverse engineering projects within the global organisation.
- Engineering knowledge of single bore & multi-bore hub connectors & associated subsea tie-in systems (flow-lines/ risers etc.) within the market
- Take full responsibility for datasheets/ specifications/ scope of work for piping components
- Extensive & in-depth knowledge of all subsea codes/ specs/ standards
- Awareness & engineering knowledge of subsea mechanical equipment which is being developed
- Suitable skills & understanding of the cost / schedule of all the major piping components for contributing to FEEDs/ projects etc.
- Bring knowledge & expertise to all the engineering/ cost reduction initiatives within the subsea Oil & Gas sector
- Knowledge of piping caisson design would be advantageous
Specified Qualifications for position:
- Degree educated (BEng/ MEng/ Phd) in relevant engineering discipline is desirable but consideration will be given to those with extensive proven experience within a similar role
- Manage interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, client and suppliers is essential
- Experience in the use of CAESAR or similar software
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.