- Support the delivery of structural projects for all types of assets for key North Sea clients for all types of offshore facilities including fixed, floating, and subsea structures.
- Working as part of an integrated team covering client interaction and delivery from multiple locations
- Produce hand calculations and written reports, to linear and non-linear analysis work.
- Develop technical and project skills through targeted training, on the job experience, mentoring, and continuing professional development.
- Focus on the Oil & Gas market, you may also be called upon to support projects in other markets, such as supporting our industry-leading work in the offshore wind market.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Engineering degree, honours or equivalent in civil, mechanical, or structural engineering, naval architecture or similar.
- Demonstrable experience or university background in a relevant area of structural design or analysis.
- Ability to quickly understand and implement new areas of technical knowledge.
- An inquisitive attitude, and the drive to seek out and progress areas for improvement.
- Adaptability, and the ability to effectively manage and prioritise multiple demands.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a proven ability to write accurate, detailed, and concise technical reports (e.g., design substantiations, bases of analysis and calculations).
- Ability to effectively engage with, and work as part of, a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
- Enjoy new challenges and are keen to learn, whilst also wanting to support others within our diverse multi-disciplinary teams.
- Working on multiple fast-paced projects, balancing the need for high-quality design and analysis with the need to deliver within required time and cost budgets.
- Experience structural design and analysis, with either a civil, mechanical, or structural engineering background
- Experience relevant to fixed and/or floating offshore structures, such as offshore oil & gas structures
- Experience of working in accordance with engineering design codes and standards would benefit the role, with the ideal candidate showing the ability to establish robust solutions working from first principles based on a strong theoretical understanding
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.