Principal Piping Engineer
A Principal Piping Engineer is required to work with a leading subsea contractor. The principal piping engineer will take a senior position with the team and be responsible for leading a team of piping engineers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Plan, detail and review technical documentation relating to subsea piping and mechanical systems, construction and installation.
- Design and detailing in accordance with acknowledged industry Codes, Standards and Design Guides, Client Specifications and Scopes of Work.
- Provide input to, check and approve manifold pipe work and tie-in general arrangement and isometric drawings.
- Production of pipe work and fittings specifications.
- Production of specifications and data sheet for subsea valves in accordance with API 6A or ISO 14723.
- Package engineering and management of large valve and pipe fitting packages.
- Provide mechanical and integrity calculations for piping and equipment, including pipe work stress analysis utilising CAESAR or similar software.
- Coordinate pipe work and mechanical engineering support to the execution of multidiscipline projects in line with defined budget and schedule.
- Liaise with associated subsea related disciplines and understand the interfaces within a project.
- Provide piping engineering assistance during occasional periods of offshore or site working.
- Provide piping engineering support to Business Acquisition and FEED study execution.
- Train/mentor junior and Graduate Engineers.
- Actively participate in relevant training to pursue continuing professional development.
Key Attributes required for this Position
- Extensive & in-depth knowledge of all international subsea or topsides piping codes/ specs/ standards
- Work with limited supervision to produce & check detailed stress/ flexibility design reports, feasibility reports, construction drawings, design specifications, material take-offs
- A proven track record in engineering large scale topsides or subsea manifold / subsea processing/ towhead piping design teams (inter-disciple engineering/ drafting team/ extensive multi-component MTOs/ procurement & vendor selection support) as an integral part of a multidiscipline project.
- Extensive engineering expertise & vendor knowledge of the piping components -forgings/ connectors/ flanges/ pulled bends/ small & large bore valves/ fittings/ seals & gaskets - supplied to the subsea Oil & Gas market
- Extensive expert experience in pipe stress analysis / layouts and valve specification requirements for subsea piping towhead/ manifold systems and rigid riser/ tie-in pipe work.
- Full knowledge of subsea valves / actuators & other equipment used in subsea development
- Engineering knowledge of single bore & multi-bore hub connectors & associated subsea tie-in systems (flow-lines/ risers etc.) within the market
- Awareness & engineering knowledge of piping topsides & HPHT subsea systems
- Take full responsibility for datasheets/ specifications/ scope of work/ MTOs for piping components - valves/ equipment/ connectors/ flanges etc
- Awareness & engineering knowledge of subsea mechanical equipment which is being developed
- Working knowledge of 2D/ 3D software - capable to direct detailed design work
- Awareness of subsea processing equipment & technologies
- Skills & understanding of the cost schedule of all the major piping components for contributing to projects.
- Knowledge of piping caisson design would be advantageous
Skills and Qualifications
- Expert international piping knowledge in the subsea or topsides Oil & Gas sector.
- Degree educated in relevant engineering discipline is desirable, but consideration will be given to those with extensive proven experience within a similar role
- Chartered Engineer or aiming towards Fellow
- Involvement within various Institute work would be advantageous
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Manage interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, client and suppliers is essential.
- Ability to lead and function within a design team and across multiple projects is essential
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH34135