Senior Piping Engineer on a contract basis for 9 months.
Key Attributes required for this Position:
- A proven track record in coordinating manifold / towhead piping design teams (inter-disciple engineering/ drafting team/ extensive multi-component MTOs/ procurement & vendor selection support) as an integral part of a multidiscipline project.
- Key Specific engineering expertise & vendor knowledge of the piping components - various forgings/ connectors/ flanges/ pulled bends/ small & large bore valves/ fittings/ seals & gaskets - supplied to the subsea Oil & Gas market
- Extensive experience in the modular layouts/ pipe stress analysis and valve specification requirements for subsea piping towhead/ manifold systems and rigid riser/ tie-in pipe work.
- Chartered or approaching Chartered Engineer status.
- A positive attitude to developing engineering experience across diverse engineering projects within the organisation.
- Engineering knowledge of single bore & multi-bore hub connectors & associated subsea tie-in systems (flow-lines/ risers etc.) within the market
- Awareness & engineering knowledge of piping HPHT subsea systems
- Take full responsibility for datasheets/ specifications/ scope of work for piping components
- Extensive & in-depth knowledge of all subsea codes/ specs/ standards
- Awareness & engineering knowledge of subsea mechanical equipment which is being developed
- Awareness of subsea processing would be of benefit
- Suitable skills & understanding of the cost / schedule of all the major piping components for contributing to FEEDs/ projects etc.
- Bring knowledge & expertise to all the engineering/ cost reduction initiatives within the subsea Oil & Gas sector
- Knowledge of piping caisson design would be advantageous
Specific Roles & Responsibilities:
- Plan, detail and review technical documentation relating to subsea piping and mechanical systems' construction and installation.
- Design and detailing in accordance with acknowledged industry Codes, Standards and Design Guides, Client Specifications and Scopes of Work.
- Production and checking of design documentation including feasibility reports, detailed design reports, construction drawings, design specifications, material take-offs, weight control calculations, etc.
- Provide input to, check and approve manifold pipe work and tie-in general arrangement and isometric drawings.
- Production of pipe work and fittings specifications.
- Production of specifications and data sheet for subsea valves in accordance with API 6A or ISO 14723.
- Package engineering and management of large valve and pipe fitting packages.
- Provide mechanical and integrity calculations for piping and equipment, including pipe work stress analysis utilising CAESAR or similar software.
- Coordinate pipe work and mechanical engineering support to the execution of multidiscipline projects in line with defined budget and schedule.
- Liaise with associated subsea related disciplines and understand the interfaces within a project.
- Provide piping engineering assistance during occasional periods of offshore or site working.
- Provide piping engineering support to Business Acquisition and FEED study execution.
- Train/mentor junior and Graduate Engineers.
- Actively participate in relevant training to pursue continuing professional development.
Qualifications and Education
Specified Qualifications for position:
- Degree educated in relevant engineering discipline is desirable but consideration will be given to those with extensive proven experience within a similar role
- Ability to lead and function within a design team and across multiple projects is essential
Location: Based in Aberdeen
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH29669