Aberdeen (Alternative location, Surrey)
Contract (PAYE or Umbrella only)
- Medium to long range focus on reliability issues from a Mechanical Engineering perspective for site operations related queries/activities/risks to deliver safe, reliable and compliant operations.
- Collaborates with Facility Support Squads and Site Engineer to identify longer term engineering solutions to reduce risk and grow IPC.
- Collaborates with Facility Support Teams and Site Engineer to identify longer term engineering solutions to reduce risk and grow IPC.
Experience and job requirements
- Understanding of reliability principles and methodologies with demonstrable experience in reliability systems and diagnostics.
- Technical knowledge and experience in reliability, with a proven ability to demonstrate practical and applied knowledge of upstream and global operations and practices.
- Significant experience in either an internal or external engineering role, or similar.
- Experience on an operating site.
- Advanced technical knowledge and experience in engineering, with sound knowledge of the relevant industry codes, standards and regulations and the ability to initiate guidance on the appropriate designs and systems to prevent, control and mitigate risks.
- Sound stakeholder management experience.
- Performs Mechanical Engineering support to the Reliability Team to deliver solutions to equipment reliability, working closely with the Facility Support Squads and Site Engineer to resolve reliability issues.
- Ensures asset Mechanical Engineering risks are understood, controlled and continuously reduced.
- Monitors health of all static/rotating mechanical equipment and associated operating envelopes, recording and investigating all SDL/SOL excursions.
- Monitors KPIs for static/rotating equipment, and initiates corrective actions as necessary.
- Provides Mechanical Engineering support to technical MoCs and Engineering Queries (EQ).
- May initiate Engineering Queries and provide feedback on EQ verification/prioritisation to site).
- Supports delivery of the Production Efficiency Improvement and Defect Elimination process
- Identifies production vulnerabilities and optimization opportunities to support production forecast and grow production.
- Education Degree in Engineering or related discipline and/or equivalent relevant professional qualification.
- Professional accreditation, e.g. Chartered Engineer (UK)
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.