Senior Coastal Engineer - Residential - UAE - Family Status
Job description / Role
- Assist the Head of Engineering in design and evaluation of tender proposal and/or project design
- Respond qualitative and timely to coastal engineering questions/ assignments related to bid submissions
- Support the development of cost efficient (alternative) designs and solutions for coastal works (revetments, breakwaters, quay walls)
- Review and identify the need for verification of tender/project design and propose value engineered concept solutions if applicable
- Support the tender team to adapt the construction methodology to the most suitable design, if applicable
- Supporting preparation of the full engineering data package required for commencement of detailed design / design verification / FEED endorsement and participating in answering on-going clarifications/queries as needed, taking into account client needs
- Collect and/or purchase metocean data (hindcast, forecast, measurements) for the evaluation of coastal processes and project site conditions
- Determine weather downtime calculation procedures for the maritime fleet
- Proactively communicate with Project Managers as support to the Engineering Manager on projects
- Acting in the capacity to support the Engineering Manager in the development of the contractor design and / or major re-design works that arise during construction.
- Providing guidance, direction and briefing to the coastal engineers and graduates
- Assisting the Engineering Manager in the review and checking appropriate resource and costs utilization by consultants
- Develop design drawings and specifications for construction projects
- Ensure correct design approach as per QA/QC procedure and standards
- Assisting in the optimisation of all research and development activities related to coastal engineering
- Stay up to date with respect to knowledge in order to improve engineering capabilities within the company
Educational Qualifications & Certifications:
- Master degree in Coastal Engineering or Civil Engineering or equivalent professional qualification
Function Specific Experience
- Coastal engineering
- Coastal dynamics and sediment transport
- Port engineering
- Numerical modelling
- Physical modelling
- Design experience
- Marine construction
- Marine field measurements
Industry Related Experience
- Dredging and Reclamation
- Marine construction
- Coastal Design
- Port and Harbour
Years Of Experience
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience
- Able to manage personnel with different cultural backgrounds.
- Motivate and inspire colleagues to develop knowledge, skills and competencies. Provide objective and constructive feedback in an appropriate way.
- Stimulate a result-oriented organizational culture by regularly sharing the division's performance and results.
- Able to translate department targets into concrete and measurable goals for the division for a timely achievement of goals.
- Take ownership of own objectives.
- Investigate, understand and respond to the needs of internal and external stakeholders. Build and maintain strategically important client relations.
- Proactively serve and constructively respond to external client needs in order to meet business priorities.
- Show respect, flexibility and loyalty towards colleagues throughout the organization.
- Collaborate constructively and effectively with all levels within and outside the organization orally and in writing. Actively listen and be persuasive in reasoning.
- Communicate clearly and succinctly orally and in writing. Adapt oral and written communication style to the audience.
- Manage conflict, solve problems and mediate between different interests of multiple stakeholders.
- Able to identify and mitigate risks within the scope of the division and related to other divisions/ department interfaces.
- Required: English
- Any other language is an asset
- MS Office
- Coastal engineering design tools
- Coastal modelling software
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH33338