Petroplan are looking to recruit a HR Compensation & Benefits Lead to work on a 12 month contract to start ASAP.
Job Description: Compensation and Benefits
Compensation and Benefits Plans
- Creates the overall strategy for compensation and benefits ensuring alignment with other employment polices client wide to ensure the acquisition and retention of the human resources needed for the business.
- Ensure effective implementation of approved compensation & benefit plans across Mubadala Petroleum within set timelines to facilitate achievement of organizational objectives.
- Regularly review the compensation and welfare plans against the annual reward survey / any changes in the local legislation, and propose updates to existing benefits or introduce new benefits subject to review and approval of management and feedback from staff opinion surveys, rejected employment offers and exit interviews
- Manages the interface with all strategic compensation and employment policy matter and ensure the approval on all items where they have governance
- Define an effective Compensation & Benefits unit structure in line with the overall HR structure, to ensure optimal utilisation of human resources and clarity in line of command for all levels.
- Manage the effective achievement of Compensation & Benefits unit functional objectives through effective leadership of the team - setting individual objectives, recruiting qualified staff, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal - in order to maximise subordinate and functional performance
Policies & Procedures
- Develop and maintain HR policies & procedures e.g. Diversity, Harassment, Sabbaticals, etc and coordinate the effective implementation & communication in order to support the achievement of the HR strategy.
- Facilitate compliance to approved policies & procedures and support the achievement of quality standards across the organization.
Job Analysis and Evaluation
- Ensure that all jobs in the company have been analysed and a comprehensive database of updated job descriptions is maintained at all times to provide a basis for execution of all HR functions.
- Ensure that an appropriate job evaluation system is applied to determine the relative worth of jobs, and the development/implementation of a suitable job grade to establish internal equity.
Joint Venture agreements, Secondee Management & Transfer
- Manages and updates the international mobility framework and the terms and conditions applicable to different categories of staff.
- Review and assess requests for promotions and transfers prior to forwarding same to Head - HR in order to ensure compliance with the HR policies & procedures.
- Develops the standards and terms and conditions applicable to staff seconded to JOCs assuring consistency and equity.
- Works with New Business Development (NBD) and Corporate Strategy group on employment terms and conditions issues related to M&A activities.
- Supports HRBPs and local HR in the development and application of good practice for local employment policy
Best Practice & Continuous Improvement
- Lead the change management process through continuous improvement of Compensation & Benefits systems processes and practices taking into account 'international best practice' to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
- Direct and oversee the introduction of best practices in Compensation & Benefits initiatives in order to upgrade the functionality and provide improved support for achievement of business objectives.
HRIS and Reports
- Ensure timely preparation of HRIS statements and periodic reports of Compensation & Benefits activity timely and accurately to meet department requirements, policies and standards.
- A bachelor's degree preferably in HR, A Master Degree is an added advantage. A Professional qualification in Global Remuneration Professional (GRP). Extensive knowledge and understanding of the global upstream industry and its key drivers and structures the value chain, the market, the players etc
- Fully competent in organisational design, job evaluation, market surveys and the design of compensation and benefit programmes including long term incentives, Demonstrated ability to design and deliver employment policies in an international environment, Resolution of grievance and complaints, Design and delivery of performance appraisal and management process linked to remuneration and incentives, Good business comprehension and the ability to design HR strategy to support it. 5-7 years of HR generalist role of which 2-3 should have been in compensation and benefit area. Experience in global compensation and benefits (and reward) and knowledge of local compensation market would be preferred. Past exposure in oil and gas sector would be an advantage.
- 10 to 15 Yrs experience in Oil & Gas industry
- Leadership skills, Project management skills, Strong interpersonal influencing and negotiating skills, analytical and problem solving skills.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH29295