Petroplan has been engaged by a leading E&P company who are actively recruiting for a Paralegal professional in the UAE.
Develop, implement, supervise and coordinate the delivery of all legal administrative support to the Legal & Compliance Unit with a direct responsibility for critical and complex tasks.
- Develop new procedures to improve the administration of the Legal & Compliance Unit
Develop, supervise and streamline the documentation and filing system for all legal documents, including uploading of all historical documents to facilitate accurate retrieval
- Develop a Document Reference Manual to formalise existing practices and assist new joiners including the following components:
- Original document tracking policy;
- Document naming convention policy;
- Standardisation requirements for execution documents policy;
- Standardization style for binding policy;
Electronic and hard copy filing policy
- Supervise and coordinate the work of all direct reports to ensure Legal & Compliance Unit members receive timely and professional support to maintain smooth and efficient working of the Legal & Compliance Unit
- Manage vendor and service provider invoices, to ensure prompt payments are made and interfacing with Finance, payment of BTRs and any other payment requests required by the Legal & Compliance Unit
- Facilitate or arrange training for support staff in any area required, including Word processing, telephone handling, drafting of standard emails and correspondence, etc.
Facilitate personnel issues as instructed by the General Counsel (i.e. New Joiners, Probation Clearance Forms, Leaver Forms, timesheet, etc)
- Coordinate with the IT Department for all hardware and software requirements and/or problems
- Propose and follow innovative IT solutions for administrative functions, including timekeeping, lawyer reporting, filing, etc. to facilitate the smooth and efficient functioning of the Legal & Compliance Unit
- Arranging and co-ordinating functions for the Legal & Compliance Unit, including in-house training sessions for both Business Units and the Legal & Compliance Unit
- Act as an interface between the Legal & Compliance Unit and other Business and Support Unit/Subsidiaries on matters of communication, services and any other administrative matters concerning the Group
Recommend and initiate the recruitment of additional support staff as required by the Legal & Compliance Unit
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
Follow all relevant Legal & Compliance Unit policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of legal administration processes and practices taking into account best practice, keeping in mind, cost reduction and productivity improvement
Attend all internal and external training
FRAMEWORKS, BOUNDARIES, & DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
- The Paralegal reports to the General Counsel and confers with the General Counsel on all critical issues
- The Paralegal supports all Abu Dhabi-based members of the Legal & Compliance Unit
- The Paralegal is expected to draw up plans and provide administrative support for the Legal & Compliance Unit
Key decisions having significant impact on the Paralegal function are referred to the General Counsel for approval before implementation
- A minimum qualification required is a University degree in relevant discipline
- Document management experience is strongly preferred
- Minimum 3 - 5 years' experience in a similar role.
- Experience in a similar role in professional services company, law firm or legal department is essential
- English proficiency
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving
- Research skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Administration and document management
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com