Senior Geotechnical Design Engineer
Job Description / Role
- Assist Engineering Manager in design and evaluation of tender proposal and/or project design.
- Assisting with the design of structures, using specialized software or calculations
- Analyze the soil parameters and assess the stability of structures under normal and seismic conditions.
- Analyze the geotechnical data and prepare of geotechnical interpretative report (GIR).
- Analyze geotechnical findings, perform appropriate calculations and prepare data reports to Manager.
- Develop design drawings and specifications for construction projects.
- Plan geotechnical investigation effectively.
- Supervise site and ground investigations.
- Analyze the soil parameters and provide input to the dredging production estimators.
- Review and approve geotechnical design developed by third party consultants.
- Interact with customers and team members to complete the assigned project on-time.
- Review construction design proposals and verify geotechnical aspects.
- Ensure correct design approach as per QA/QC procedure and standards.
Educational Qualifications & Certifications:
- Engineering Degree in Geotechnical Engineering or geology or and equivalent professional qualification.
- Deep understanding of soil and rock mechanics
- High level of knowledge of geotechnical design software and tools
- High level of knowledge of geotechnical standards and guidelines
Function Specific Experience
- Consultancy and design experience
- Experience in marine and harbour design
Industry Related Experience
- Marine construction
- Dredging and Reclamation
- Geotechnical Survey
Years Of Experience
- Minimum 7 years of Port/Marine geotechnical design experience
Verbal/written communication / Language skills
- Excellent English written and verbal communications skills
- Any other language is an asset
- MS Office
- Slope/W or equivalents
- Plaxis 2D
- D-Sheet or Wallap or equivalents
- LPile or equivalents
- Liquefaction and settlement design tools
- Civil Engineering
- Oil & Energy
- Information Technology
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH33339