- Plans, implements, co-ordinates and maintains the effectiveness of all Procurement Section functions including policies, plans, procedures & status reports for all assigned projects and manages all personnel activities in support of these operations.
- Manages, co-ordinates and delivers Procurement services within approved budget levels and develops the staffing and resourcing plan for the projected workload.
- Develops and implements procedural instructions, ensuring that they are updated and maintained in accordance with the systems.
- Co-ordinates and supervises the evaluation of suppliers performance in collaboration with the relevant Procurement staff. Takes decisions on inclusion or deletion from the master Vendor list.
- Liaises with project management, other departmental managers and clients to establish standard of service levels, facilitating the resolution of any technical or administrative issues.
- Conducts major negotiations with vendors ensuring that the company obtains the optimum commercial advantage and that its position
- Sits as a permanent member of the Tender Committee and provides information on market developments and trends to assist in evaluation of offers.
- Exercises delegated authority in such matters as signing Purchase Orders and approving the waiver of liquidated damages.
- Liaises with Accounts Department to ensure all costing information related to materials is accurate and current.
- Agrees on price adjustments, certifies invoices for payment and approves the release of bank guarantees and performance bonds to comply with contractual requirements.
- Motivates, develops and appraises staff to ensure that manpower of the required calibre is available to effectively undertake the duties of the Procurement function.
- 15-18 years of experience in similar role.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Supply & Chain Management or equivalent professional qualification.
- Background in Dredging / Civil Marine construction industry and experience in BIMCO Vessel Chartering are mandatory.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.