SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Engineering or Business Administration. Master's degree is of added advantage.
- A recognized certification from the International Association of Risk and Compliance Professionals (IARCP) or Institute of Risk Management (IRM) is required.
- 15 years industrial and risk management experience out of which 5 years RM leadership level in oil and gas and/or construction industries.
- Knowledge of ISO 31000 (International Standard for Risk Management), COSO ERM or any other recognized ERM framework is required.
- Knowledge and experience in control design and risk mitigation is required.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis software is of added advantage.
- Excellent written & spoken communication skills in the English language. Knowledge of Arabic is preferred.
- Good people management skills
- Excellent communication and influential skills.
- Excellent planning, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Advise on any potential risks to its profitability or existence.
- Facilitate and maintain risk management process as part of the corporate governance structure.
- Act as an advisor to Senior Management in conducting strategic-level risk management workshops to service corporate planning and business development.
- Communicate to Senior Management and Board of Directors (BOD) on top business risks and opportunities.
- Manage and supervise the ERM team and practice, and ensure process continuous improvement.
- Develop an ERM framework and establish effective RM reporting, control systems, risk assessment models & methodologies in line with audit requirements and government standards.
- Establish and maintain ERM policy for sponsorship by Senior Management and BoD.
- Promote an understanding of RM practices and conduct related workshops.
- Develop a common ERM philosophy and language across all business lines.
- Assist Senior Management in developing Risk Strategy (risk appetite) in support of strategic business objectives.
- Work with the Projects section to develop a project-level RM framework in line with the ERM structure.
- Review and oversee RM approach and practices annually and implement required improvements upon consultation with Senior Management.
- Develop and maintain a companywide Risk Register / Repository and ensure communication of key risks to the relevant parties.
- Facilitate the development of business unit specific RM plans, and research applicable and feasible controls to mitigate risks as necessary.
- Coordinate and liaise with the Internal Audit team on corporate audit findings and risk identification.
- Manage and coordinate external and internal assurance activities across the enterprise to ensure efficient and effective scheduling, coverage and workload.
- Report to management on risk assessment results and risk management plans and actions.
- Address the management on compliance issues with recognized HSE standards and other local applicable governmental regulations and laws.
- Consult the Company's Legal Advisor (LA) on legal and legislation related risks and respective mitigating plans.
- Compliance in accordance with section/Company policies& procedures, Policy of Integrity & Code of Conduct and HSE standards
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.