Reporting into the Head of Pipelines, this role will oversee pipeline design projects, mentoring junior engineers and designers. This is an urgent requirement and there is a strong preference for someone that can start on short notice.
- Should be able to prepare FEED & detailed engineering drawings of onshore oil & gas flowlines, trunk lines and pipelines
- Perform or supervise preparation of Pipeline Design Basis Reports, Pipeline Specifications, Materials Specifications and Procedures, Pipeline Mechanical Design including but not limited to: Pipeline stress calculations, Wall Thickness Calculations, Ground Mechanic Calculations, Upheaval Buckling Calculations, Pipeline Philosophies, Pipeline Material Data Sheets and Requisitions, Material Take Off (MTO Area Classification Studies and Pipeline EPC scopes of work
- Experience in Development and review of all kinds of engineering deliverables (design basis, Piping specifications, Data sheets, Plot Plan, Equipment Layout, Nozzle orientation, General Arrangement Drawings, Detail & Cross Sectional Drawings, Site Sketches, Isometric Drawings and Etc.)
- Review and provide engineering input / guidance for Overall Routing Maps and Layouts, Plot Plans, Pipeline Alignment sheets, Pipeline ROW and Trench sections & details, Typical drawings for Line Valve Stations, Typical Drawings for Tie-In sections and details, Third Party Pipelines, cables and Overhead Lines and Detailed drawings for crossings with trenchless technologies
- Provide quality control checks of all pipeline engineering documents and drawings
- Familiar with pipeline detail engineering standards, including spacing requirements, accessibility, operation, maintenance, crossings and right of way (ROW)
- Familiar with the relevant International Standards, especially with ASME B31.4 & ASME B31.8, and able to learn and understand clients standards and specifications
- Verify that all designs are to required standards and that the objectives of the project are met
- Review and approve engineering documents/drawings, TBE, PDMS models, other project interface docs/drawings/models
- Provide assistance in Project Planning, Scheduling, Resources Allocations & Controls, Co-ordination, Progress reporting, Correspondences with Clients, Contractor's & third parties and Etc.
- Provide assistance in man hours estimation, preparation of discipline deliverables during bidding stage/proposal stage.
- Experience in participation of HAZOP and HAZID.
- Ensure Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Management Procedures are complied
- Ensure that all the produced deliverables are complied with QA / QC and IMS System requirements
- Provide assistance to other disciplines and participate in review meetings (if requested), in accordance with project requirements
- Participate in and advice on all design activities and initiatives, including provision of training, inductions and documentation review
- Verify that the work is completed to the agreed schedule
- Attends all the company-organised training courses when invited.
- Experience in the use of pipeline design software (AutoCAD, MicroStation, Google Earth Pro Maps, CAESAR II)
- Expert in MS Office
- Familiar with the relevant International Standards and Codes of Practice and competent in the design, specification and selection of pipeline systems to meet the requirements
- A fluent communicator
- An individual with strong drive and vision
Technical Experienced Required
- 12 years of onshore pipelines experience preferably in the Middle East
- Experience with another international engineering firm ideal
- Proven track record in pipelines FEED and detailed design experience
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30697