Job Title: Junior Payable Accountant
Reports to: Chief Accountant
To record financial information in order to enable preparation of financial statements and all financial accounts in accordance with accounting principles and civil, fiscal and company norms. To identify assets and liabilities in line with the administrative/fiscal/statutory requirements thereby ensuring proper handling of accounts for nature and destination.
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analysing account information
- Prepare journal entries and synthesise common ledger for subsidiary accounts
- Develop good knowledge of chart of accounts and ensure adherence thereto while recording financial information.
- Send request for and determine appropriateness and correctness of accruals in the books for each month end reporting including half year and annual reporting
- Perform all regular accounting processes such as A/P and Journal Entries plus monthly closure of books & accounts.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommend financial actions by analysing accounting options.
- Prepare vendor and GL account reconciliations on monthly basis including Intercompany account management and reconciliation
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents
- Maintain accounting controls by ensuring adherence to policies and procedures and recommending improvements thereto
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls
- Check documents by monitoring and implementing all accounts payable checks including but not limited to contractual compliance checks in relation to approved contract values, tariffs, fees etc. for onward payment by Treasury function
- Post vendor invoices and ensure correctness of invoice register
- Monitor aging of overdue invoices
- Ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with Finance policies and procedures
- Prepare ad-hoc financial reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Perform personnel accounting including but not limited to salaries posting, expense reports, expatriate insurance etc
- Protect operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Contribute to team effort by performing assigned tasks and accomplishing related results as needed
- Provide support during audit activities
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Admin. Professional / Master's Degree is preferred
- 2-3 years of General accounting experience in a medium sized organization preferably a multinational
- Basic Knowledge of accounting principles (IFRS) and practices.
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP system and Hyperion.
- Advanced MS Office skills.
- Strong Analytical & Organizational Skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills (communication, persuasion, motivation, and loyalty).
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH34613