Accounts Receivable Clerk
Location: Houston, TX
- Must have recent & strong AR experience
- Accounts Receivable credit and debit memos experience
- Processing credit and rebilled invoices.
- Account Reconciliation AR and Cash.
- RMA Return Merchandise Processing experience.
- Aging management
- Solid Excel skills
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for mailing, filing and copying invoices consistent with company generally accepted accounting principles.
- Researching and solving invoicing and/or payment discrepancies.
- May perform backup duties for accounts payables.
- Maintain customer files and tax exempt data.
- Post accounts receivable payments to appropriate databases.
- May be required to answer phones or periodically provide back-up to a receptionist.
- May purchase general office supplies for facility personnel.
- Must be able to communicate in English (both written and oral) as it relates to the job.
- Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere and comply with state and federal law, the Company ISO Quality Program and procedures, Company policies and Safety and Environmental Regulations.
- May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum of one (1) or more years bookkeeping or general accounting experience.
- Must be computer literate, to include but not limited to, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Strong customer service skills in managing difficult client, vendor or customer situations by responding promptly to requests. Additionally should solicit client, vendor or customer feedback to improve service and response.
- Strong problem solving skills to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills. Individual should prioritize and plan work activities efficiently.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be adaptable to changes in the work environment, competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Must be able to take and follow written and oral instructions.
- Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to adding and subtracting for the purposes of reconciling invoices and other accounting practices as it pertains to the job.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH35004