A project director is required to work with a leading EPC working on a billion-dollar gas separation project in Algeria. The project director will execute and deliver the overall management of EPC Project in Algeria.
The director will have overall responsibility for the project safety, quality, budget, profitability and schedule performance, including subcontractors and vendors. The director will progress with the company after project completion and work on other roles with the view to progress into a CEO role.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Arrange and management including delivery to budget and recruitment of personnel
- Oversee the schedule of values, cost estimates, project checklists, project schedules and submittal logs
- Lead multi-disciplined team of professionals to achieve project objectives.
- Monitor, Control & Mitigate the Schedule with the help of project Control team.
- Identify and secure necessary resources, and manage and coordinate safety and quality effort for the project, utilizing safety and QC resources appropriately
- Review project proposals or plans to determine time frame, financial objectives, and procedures for accomplishing work, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources.
- Coordinate project design development and administer subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Coordinate information and activities among estimating, financial and construction as well as subcontractors, vendors, governmental personnel and project superintendent, ensuring proper communication flow, utilizing project meetings, correspondence, and documentation as necessary.
- Direct & Lead project status reports, including updated cost projections and schedules for project review and input to marketing, estimating, sales, management and customer.
- Identify changes in scope or differing conditions and secure change orders for project cost and time.
- Implement company policies and procedures to identify and mitigate risk.
- Effective communication and consultation with stakeholders
- Prepare Requests for Payment on time and ensure project is always in a positive cash position
- Meet with owner (or owner representatives) weekly to monitor project progress and review issues
- Liaise with Head office, Client/PMTC, Vendors/Sub-contractors and Government Organizations
Qualifications and Experience
Significant experience in Project Management and site work including a minimum of 5 years in project control of medium/large projects and Planning. The project director should possess extensive knowledge of planning and project execution methodology and experience shall include construction and project completion.
- Engineering Degree/ Preferably Post Graduate in Management.
- Extensive knowledge of the EPC industry and the sub trades.
- Extensive knowledge of WBS methodology and Resource Planning
- Ability to consistently prepare accurate project cost estimates.
- Ability to successfully negotiate with owners', architects, engineers, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Knowledge of Project software/Primevera/SAP (or equivalent applications).
- Working knowledge of legal issues including contracts, liens, labor standards, retainage etc.
- Ability to manage all aspects of EPC projects effectively and efficiently including but not limited to Budgeting, Scheduling, QA (Spec Compliance), Submittals etc.
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems on projects before they become major issues.
- Ability to develop business relationships and networking contacts to increase the company's presence in the business community and results in new business opportunities.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30896