- Experience: 10 years of Telecom and Security engineering experience
- Extensive experience gained in a supervisory role in networking, telecommunications or cyber security
- Leading on ICT infrastructure and security projects
- Development and ever greening of policy and procedures in complex ICT environment
- Presenting and preparing reports to senior management
- Extensive and proven experience in designing, Installing, commissioning and supporting large complex multi-site voice and data LAN and WAN network solutions based predominantly on Cisco products.
- An in-depth understanding of network infrastructure design and best practice principles including routing and switching concepts and technologies, advanced IP addressing, dynamic routing protocols.
- MPLS, Secure and resilient routing solutions, Unified communications, Load balancing and traffic management, Quality of Service (QOS), Wireless and Mobile communications.
- Experience in Unified Communication and PBX replacement
- Experience of implementing and supporting remote access and legacy technologies
- An in-depth understanding of end to end secure network concepts, technologies and protocols including Access control, Next generation, Web application and Stateful firewalls technologies, Intrusion prevention, Encryption (IPSEC, SSL, PKI), Security event information management systems, Proxy services.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem diagnosis skills developed from experience
- Experience of Fibre Channel over Ethernet solutions
- Experience of Storage Area Network implementation
- An understanding of the principles of Datacentre Management.
- Unix/Linux knowledge Platform Technology Exposure: Essential:
- Cisco Branch and Edge Routers * Cisco Datacentre, SAN fabric and Campus LAN Switches, including Nexus 5-7K
- Cisco Identity Service Engine
- Cisco Adaptive security and IDP appliances
- F5 Local and Global load-balancers
- Web Application or Next generation firewalls (Barracuda, Palo alto or similar)
- Ethernet, MPLS, DSL, Leased lines, ISDN * DHCP, Dynamic DNS/BIND, SNMPv3, ACS, Radius/TACACS ,
- Fibre networks deployment and standards
- Cisco-Works LMS, Solarwinds Orion (or similar), Netflow collection and analysis. Probes, packet sniffers, cable analysers Desirable:
Web Filtering (Websense) You will be accountable for the overall performance monitoring, evaluation, and review of Cyber Security, Network and Telecommunications, and be required to produce monthly reports of activity including threat analysis and a selection of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Critical Success Factors (CSF).Evidence of Continual Professional Development
Cisco certification & experience of Cisco ACS/ISE Palo Alto certification & experience F5 Big IP experience. Certification desirable, but not a prerequisite. Experience of unified communication platforms Experience of Telecoms PABX, SDH, Radio (Tetra, VHF) & Wi-Fi technologies
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.