Title: Senior Drilling Supervisor
Location: West Africa
Day rate: $1700 to $1800 per day
We are currently working with an international E&P business. A need has arisen within the business to add an experienced Senior Drilling Supervisor.
The Senior Drilling Supervisor (SDSV) will be the senior rig site representative onsite, the vast majority of the rig site work is conducted by third party personnel. The SDSV must be adept at managing and driving performance through the contractor personnel.
Some Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Assist with preparation of the Drilling Program with the objective of performance enhancement particularly maximizing top-hole dual activity performance.
* Lead and priorities daily on-site activities to ensure operations are carried out as per the governing programme, safely, efficiently and without harm to people or the environment.
Communication & Reporting:
* Manage and coordinate weekly HSE meeting/call. To include as a minimum: Review of incidents, reports, findings; Review of current rig safety initiatives; Tracking against contractor & company HSE plans; Campaign Action Register (CAR) review; Environmental / Waste Management; Safety Leadership Recognition.
* Demonstrated mastery of Well Control Operations including current accredited certificate of sub-sea well control competency (IWCF).
* Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
* Good written and oral command of the English Language.
* Tropical BOSIET & HUET certification.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* 20 years oil field, drilling operations experience.
* At least 10 years deepwater experience including recent West Africa drillship projects.
* Minimum of 8 years in DSV role with an operator & 5 years as SDSV.
* Recent experience with DP3, dual activity 6th gen. drillship operations.
* Positive attitude and high energy individual, self-motivated to deliver top quartile performance (operational & HSE).
* Team player who has a can-do attitude.
* Strong aptitude for problem solving.
* Proven experience leading operational rig teams offshore, preferably in remote international locations.
* Organised, disciplined, energetic and structured worker with well-developed interpersonal skills
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH31212