APPLICATIONS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST III
St. Louis Missouri
About The Position
The Applications Development Specialist is primarily responsible for designing, programming, implementing and maintaining computer information systems that provide support for functions within the Company.
Key responsibilities include:
- Senior level individual contributor with subject matter expertise in area of speciality or function.
- Independently designs, programs, implements, and maintains computer information systems to provide support for a variety of functions within the company relating to confidential and non-confidential matters. Also assists in systems planning, scheduling and implementation. Often coordinates with users to determine requirements. Reviews systems under development and related documentation.
- Ensure data integrity and successful backup and restoration ability, monitor assigned systems and exercise good project management skills to ensure that changes are successfully implemented and monitored for effect. Acts as a source of direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff.
- Often has system-wide responsibility on complex projects/components. May coordinate activities of the project team and assist in monitoring project schedules and costs.
- Represent the department in meetings. Monitors and reports to management on project status and outstanding issues.
- Keep abreast of current developments in computer hardware, software, and other office equipment. Prepare studies and make recommendations regarding utilization of such equipment and software. Maintain a high degree of integrity to safeguard company position on confidential matters
- Develops applications in a way that complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices.
- Maintain a high degree of integrity to safeguard company position on confidential matters.
- Direct outside contractors in the development and implementation of confidential computer information systems to assure a timely, cost-efficient process.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, Engineering, Mathematics, or other computer related degree from an accredited college or university.
- Master's level degree preferred.
- Seven or more years of relevant applications development experience required, including two or more years of experience leading the design and implementation of business applications on a variety of computing platforms or deep expertise in the platform specific for the role.
- Ten years or more of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Knowledge and experience with the following technologies may be required or preferred based on the position posted, and will be determined during vacancy scoping:
- Programming Languages: C# .NET, JAVA, DataWeave
- Database Management: SQL, Oracle
- Tools: Visual Studio, Anypoint, Git
- Platforms: Windows, Unix
- Middleware: ASP.NET, Web Services, SOAP/XML, REST, JSON
- ClickSoftware integration experience
- Good analytical, communication and facilitation, leadership and human relations skills required.
- May be required to work off-hours for project needs, support/upgrade/outage reasons, and systems implementations.
- May also be required to carry an on-call pager or cell phone to provide the required system support (includes 24x7x365).
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; https://www.petroplan.com/about/
Ref No: BBBH36301