Area Production Engineer -
Why you should join us:
Are you a highly motivated self-starter who works well within a strong team environment? Are you passionate about safety, problem solving, and continuous improvement? We have a great opportunity for you to join our Downstream business at our client's refinery! Our client's refinery processes 100,000 barrels of oil per day. In this role, you will be responsible for providing technical support for the refinery process units as a member of a multi-functional team to promote a safe and environmentally sound facility operation.
You will use your expertise to:
* Optimize unit performance through defining unit constraints, solving performance bottlenecks, and identifying energy conservation opportunities to help determine the optimal operating plan
* Monitor unit mass balances, catalyst activity, heat exchanger performance, unit yields, and performance of advanced control loops to provide recommended modifications to operating procedures and operational guidelines
* Provide leadership on initiatives that will improve safety performance and environmental compliance, lead and participate in root cause analysis related to exceedances, recommend and implement process changes and projects to prevent repeat environmental events, and develop proactive solutions to environmental issues
* Oversee and participate in process safety management (PSM) activities such as, management of change (MOC), pre-start up-safety-review (PSSR), and setting, monitoring, and tracking safe operating limits.
* Participate and manage incident investigations, including root-cause analysis
* Provide technical, troubleshooting, and turnaround support to the cross-functional team which includes operations, maintenance, inspection, process controls, and reliability representatives
* Review and develop operating procedures, work with operators in implementing procedures, and assist in normal shutdowns, startups, and emergency operations
* Mentor and guide less experienced employees as applicable
We'd like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
* Four years of petroleum refinery (or related) experience
* A Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering
* A deep understanding of refinery operations and maintenance functions
* Alignment with our values of: safety above all else, respect, raise the bar, commitments matter and do the right thing
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to communicate effectively across all levels of an organization and resolve complex, technical issues
* Effective leadership skills which allows you to build strong, highly productive teams
* A self-starter who can work independently with minimal guidance
* The ability to assess new technologies for applicability to process unit improvements
* The ability to anticipate potential problems and check for out-of-the-ordinary conditions, as well as having a strong sense of accountability
Where you'll be working, your work schedule, and other meaningful information:
* You will work out of our Commerce City Refinery Business Center, located at 5455 Brighton Blvd.
* Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday, with the potential for extended work hours based on business needs
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; https://www.petroplan.com/about/
Ref No: BBBH36500