Job Title: ASST. MANAGER, DRILLING ENGINEERING. Residential. Qatar. Land Operations.
Oil and Gas Operator
Drilling & Completions - Well Services (Onshore)
Primary purpose of job
- To manage the Drilling Engineering Department for the purpose of improving the cost effectiveness, efficiency and HSE performance of all drilling related activities
- The span of management control includes specialist engineers with responsibility for: HSE, drilling fluids, cementing, directional drilling, casing design, quality control, IT support, new technology and performance management.
- Manage the Drilling Engineering department to provide the HSE and Specialist Engineering input to drilling operations in order to achieve flawless execution at optimal cost.
- Manage IT support to the operational team by facilitating the provision, availability and accessibility of the necessary software required for effective management of drilling information and planning.
- Advocate HSE in all drilling engineering related activities through visible leadership and implementation of the applicable Management Systems to achieve the requirements of the Corporate HSE Policy.
- Act as Drilling & Completions Department Management Representative for the QHSE Management System in line with Corporate.
- Requirements and maintaining international standards: ISO 9001, ISO14001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 22301.3. Manage new technology implementation to ensure the effective integration of the latest equipment and techniques into operations and into future field development plans.
- Ensure the accuracy and suitability of the work performed by specialists' engineers by reviewing and approving their input into well designs and drilling programs to assure technical and HSE
- Manage consultants and service companies performing engineering studies, including preparation and initiation of the scope of work, review of progress and verification of work done against specifications to achieve optimal application of contractor resources.
Experience & Skills
- Minimum 15 years' experience in drilling related operation
- Strong leadership and people management skills in a diverse cultural environment
- Sc. in Petroleum Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- Fluent verbal and written skills in English.
- Mastery in well design, tubular design, drilling fluids, well control and drilling operations.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; https://www.petroplan.com/about/
Ref No: BBBH36440