To provide quality, accurate and timely Cost Engineering support in EP&I to the project team on capital projects through all phases of IEPMS and BD&I. The Project Cost Controller ensures adherence to project controls systems, process and procedures.
REQUIRED OUTPUT: FUNCTIONAL (The core content and deliverables of the position)
* To provide high quality cost engineering support to Project team.
* Responsible to develop Control base and update the monthly reporting of cost performance against the control base.
* Ensures Integrated Project Control requirements are incorporate in ITTs and drive process throughout entire project.
* Ensures the implementation of risk and change management procedure and requirements on projects
* Ensures baseline cost flow projection and report on the cost flow performance against baseline projections.
* Maintain high standard of cost reporting and ensure that the project health status is reflected through accurate tracking and reporting of changes and risk and the remaining contingencies and risk allowances.
* Ensure proper project cost controls governance is adhered to on projects.
* Ensure that all Board decisions relating to cost are implemented and adhered to on projects.
* Ensure compliance by external service providers.
* Ensure that all projects are capitalized and perform financial closure
* Small projects will be executed through all phases by E&P while large Mozambique onshore projects will be handed over to Group Technology for completion of the Define and Execute phases. The Lead Project Cost Controller will be accountable to ensure good interfacing and integration with Group Technology on all cost control related issues and therefore ensure a smooth handover and success of all cost related matters on projects
QUALIFICATIONS AND CAPABILITIES
* Diploma /Bachelor degree in relevant field
* Qualifications and certifications relevant to Cost Engineering will be advantageous
* Sound knowledge of stage-gate project systems, approval requirements and processes and quality management systems
* Ability to work within a geographically dispersed virtual team, in a matrix organization
SPECIFIC EXPERTISE AND EXPERIENCE
* Minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience
* Track record in working on large scale capital projects
* Excellent understanding of all phases of project delivery process, from inception through to conceptual studies, FEED, detailed design, procurement and construction
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES: COMPETENCIES:
* Excellent communication and leadership abilities
* Conflict management
* Pro-active, creative and hands-on approach to challenges
* Innovation and creativity
* Assertiveness and decisiveness
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH29075